The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Maths exam 2023

I haven’t found a thread about the exam today yet so I decided to make this. How did you guys find it?
Reply 1
to quote my friend: "the first paper was scrumptious and the second paper was suicidal" LOL
Reply 2
Original post by frujeZ94
to quote my friend: "the first paper was scrumptious and the second paper was suicidal" LOL

i also described first paper as scrumptious earlier tday
Reply 3
Original post by frujeZ94

I couldn’t have worded it better myself
Reply 4
Original post by aardvqrk
i also described first paper as scrumptious earlier tday

Honestly paper 1 made me happy, I walked out of the exam hall in a good mood but paper 2 killed it.
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be this year.
Original post by Random47736224

Probably 70 ish percent tbh, the first paper was relatively easy and even paper 2 was alright, most people who take advanced higher maths have a good grasp of maths and perform reasonably well in advanced higher maths.
Reply 7
Original post by Random47736224

It's hard to say, but I think the grade boundary for an A at AH maths will probably be slightly lower. Maybe 67, 68%. Could be even lower.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymouswoman3
Probably 70 ish percent tbh, the first paper was relatively easy and even paper 2 was alright, most people who take advanced higher maths have a good grasp of maths and perform reasonably well in advanced higher maths.

Aha, you were spot on
Original post by dorkpop2000
I haven’t found a thread about the exam today yet so I decided to make this. How did you guys find it?

easy

81=A1 70=A2 56=B 43=C (D isnt a pass so i just left it out) so 43% to pass, easy peasy.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 11
Original post by cantdomathlikefr
81=A1 70=A2 56=B 43=C (D isnt a pass so i just left it out) so 43% to pass, easy peasy.

Oooo, I got 77%— band 2 then.
Original post by dorkpop2000
Oooo, I got 77%— band 2 then.

Did you ask your school or can you find the percentage online somewhere?
Reply 13
Did you ask your school or can you find the percentage online somewhere?

My school sent it to me
Wait how do I find out the percentages. I got an A but I think its probably a low band 2 or something
Original post by eggbread78134
Wait how do I find out the percentages. I got an A but I think its probably a low band 2 or something

Either get it from your teachers or call the SQA themselves (they gave me mine last year for Highers)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending