Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    Pure Bull****.
    Damn you, Mr Seabrook!:shakecane:

ReputationRep:
    What's the best way to revise French for the upcoming French exams?
    Revise keywords - the very basics to Ks4 vocabulary. The higher paper is literally gibberish save a few keywords you may understand. Oh and practise past papers, my teacher really weirdly works out patterns and second guesses what will come up in the paper by looking at past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yo Boss, I've got a question.

In the haber process.

Why does having a low temp shift the equilibrium to the right?
    Do you know about Le Chatelier's Principle?
    It's something among the lines of:
    "If we try to impose any change on a reaction in equilibrium it responds by opposing the change."

Now, if I tell you that the enthalpy change for this reaction is ΔH -92kJ/mol, can you figure out why the position of equilibrium shifts to the right if the temperature is lowered?

(Original post by Elm Tree)
    Head of R.E department told me it was a legal requirement to take GCSE R.E :lol:
    Wow, he's almost as stupid as you. It's not a legal requirement to take one, but it's a legal requirement for schools to provide RE up to the age of 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaylux)
    afternoon!
    I feel like my revision-y motivation is draining ahah, last week's 6hrs a day seem a world away from today's catnap breaks. :rolleyes:
    Tbh, 6 hours a day sounds like 8 hours too many ._.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Revise keywords - the very basics to Ks4 vocabulary. The higher paper is literally gibberish save a few keywords you may understand. Oh and practise past papers, my teacher really weirdly works out patterns and second guesses what will come up in the paper by looking at past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Haha I swear you're like the most educated 16 year old on here. Well life seems to be revolving around exams right now and exams are whats wrong. Perhaps you could enter my candidate number on exam papers (obviously I am joking here).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :nah: I'm actually not

Aah I see, well just try your best! That's all we can ask of you ^_^ and don't lose sleep over anything, health first, okay?

And if you need subject specific help there should be someone here to help!

What's the best way to revise French for the upcoming French exams?
    As above really
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Do you know about Le Chatelier's Principle?
    It's something among the lines of:
    "If we try to impose any change on a reaction in equilibrium it responds by opposing the change."

Now, if I tell you that the enthalpy change for this reaction is ΔH -92kJ/mol, can you figure out why the position of equilibrium shifts to the right if the temperature is lowered?

Speak English
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Jina)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What should I use to learn the key words?

ReputationRep:
    Speak English
    Ok, I assume you haven't covered enthalpy change then. Basically, what I said was the reaction is exothermic ._.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Ok, I assume you haven't covered enthalpy change then. Basically, what I said was the reaction is exothermic ._.
    Enthalpy change isn't covered at GCSE, so they don't know what it is

ReputationRep:
    What should I use to learn the key words?
    Ahhh... See my school uses this booklet made by someone that literally has ALL the keywords needed for the exam. Maybe you could try look for it online or if you're really desperate I could somehow send you images of the booklet LOL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Ahhh... See my school uses this booklet made by someone that literally has ALL the keywords needed for the exam. Maybe you could try look for it online or if you're really desperate I could somehow send you images of the booklet LOL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have that too ahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I have that too ahah
    Looool we have one thing in common!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Jina)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's the booklet called?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I know that the forward reaction is exothermic. What're you trying to say?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Looool we have one thing in common!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're awesome too right? That's two things

ReputationRep:
    I know that the forward reaction is exothermic. What're you trying to say?:confused:
    Ok, the forward reaction is exothermic.
    Use Le Chetalier's principle to figure out what happens if temperature is lowered.

I know equilibria is difficult at first but it's easier once you understand it
    You probably don't need to know Le Chetalier's principle as part of the syllabus but knowing it really helps.

ReputationRep:
    You're awesome too right? That's two things
    Lol yes that and a couple of languages too. Beyond that, you're all genius and I'm.. Me. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Lol yes that and a couple of languages too. Beyond that, you're all genius and I'm.. Me. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Noooo :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Noooo :eek:
    Ouiiiii! :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.