The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2012-13: Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
Good luck guyyys!
Original post by scotland_1
Are Memo's in DME's necessary? I've seen a few examples with them in, but my teacher said they don't really matter! Helllp

Not necessary, but it gives a good overall feel for the report, along with argumentative and formal language. For example, "I strongly urge the committee to reject this proposal based on XYZ" or whatever.

Anyway, good luck guys. Hope you all get the questions you want and let me know how it all goes when you get back tomorrow! :biggrin:

Oh and if you're reading this anytime before 6am, try and sleep for a bit longer or you won't be able to concentrate by the time paper 2 comes along! Good luck :h:
Original post by Jennamckinleyx
[INDENT]

What would you do for the 3rd about government policies? Because I have no clue :frown:

Here you would discuss government measures to reduce inequalities within certain groups in society. For example, JSA, the NMW and New Deal to aid the unemployed, Working Tax Credits and Child Tax Credits to help children/lone mothers, the winter fuel payment/state pension for the elderly.
Original post by ladymarshmallow
Here you would discuss government measures to reduce inequalities within certain groups in society. For example, JSA, the NMW and New Deal to aid the unemployed, Working Tax Credits and Child Tax Credits to help children/lone mothers, the winter fuel payment/state pension for the elderly.

i thought i was the only one up early this morning :biggrin: you revising too?
Original post by JessicaLee123
i thought i was the only one up early this morning :biggrin: you revising too?

Yes! :colondollar:
What do you still need to revise?
Yes! :colondollar:
What do you still need to revise?

hahaha everything! just so i feel more confident and not scared ill forget everything. really worried about voting behaviours thought i may look at that or maybe not :biggrin: wbu?
Does anyone think local goverment will come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KearaMckay
Does anyone think local goverment will come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

dont know.
some people arent learning it. im not but may consider learning LA/Voting behaviour now while i have the time lol r u?
Original post by JessicaLee123
hahaha everything! just so i feel more confident and not scared ill forget everything. really worried about voting behaviours thought i may look at that or maybe not :biggrin: wbu?

Still to learn some immigration stuff for the USA and social and economic factors being the reason for underdevelopment in African countries, although I do hope the Q will be on either ngos or unos. :smile:
Still to learn some immigration stuff for the USA and social and economic factors being the reason for underdevelopment in African countries, although I do hope the Q will be on either ngos or unos. :smile:

good luck to you for the exam then!! hope we all get the questions we want :wink:

and to everybody else =D lets kick ass :biggrin:
Reply 1530
Any indications for Wealth and Health?
Good luck everyone! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hollieeilloh
Good luck everyone! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to u too!! Lets hope no voting behaviour n LA :wink:
Good luck guys ! :biggrin:
Posted only today: blacks out voted whites for the first time in history in the 2012 election if this question comes up today be sure to get that in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone! Let us hope we have predicted correctly. :biggrin:
I think a bonfire is in order tonight.
Reply 1536
Good luck! Hope all the revision and hard work pays off! :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
In two hours' time all of us pupils across Scotland shall be sitting in an exam hall, about to start the paper.
And if any of those students see a question on social class and powers of the president they shall break down and order a strike :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone! Let us hope we have predicted correctly. :biggrin:
I think a bonfire is in order tonight.

If you see one in aberdeen, it'll be me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending