The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Not sure if this or the applicants' thread is the chat thread but seeing as I'm sure an Oxford rejection is winging its way towards me as we speak, I am delighted to be almost definitely 99.5% sure that I'm firming Imperial. :biggrin: OMGOSH I'M GOING TO IMPERIAL IN 10 MONTHS (grades permitting) :woo:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 141
Original post by bzzz
Not sure if this or the applicants' thread is the chat thread...(etc)

Well there's a slight bit of chat (and some pedo-sharks! :biggrin:) interwoven with the actual "I GOTTA OFFER MAAAA!" posts, so I think you're alright. :P

Creepy or what? Exactly what's going through my mind, I'm pretty sure Oxford are gonna turn me down too. xD
Original post by bzzz
Not sure if this or the applicants' thread is the chat thread but seeing as I'm sure an Oxford rejection is winging its way towards me as we speak, I am delighted to be almost definitely 99.5% sure that I'm firming Imperial. :biggrin: OMGOSH I'M GOING TO IMPERIAL IN 10 MONTHS (grades permitting) :woo:

Pfft, Oxford ftl mate, we'll be living it up in Landan while those high brow scholars look forward to dressing up like Harry Potter and indulging in crappy pleasantries every night. :tongue:
Reply 143
Original post by whatthedirac
Pfft, Oxford ftl mate, we'll be living it up in Landan while those high brow scholars look forward to dressing up like Harry Potter and indulging in crappy pleasantries every night. :tongue:

What (s)he said....ish. xD

Besides, their rooms are pretty draughty. Re-quote from a previous post:

To prove my point: Room I stayed in Oriel was pretty draughty (even though it was one of the more expensive, "better-graded" ones") - to the point that I had to shift the room's "plush chair" (okay, more like cushiony-padded-chair) near the radiator, grab the duvet from the bed and sleep in the chair. :P

I -did- see Imperial's accomodation, so yes, I can talk!

AND YOU GET TO WORK. The Oxonians I know can't work during term-time, and during the hols they're busy STUDYING/REVISING 24/7. WTH. xD
Reply 144
Original post by NRead
Offer for mathematics bitchessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Well done, bish. :smile: What did they want?
Reply 145
Original post by whatthedirac

Exactly :tongue: Oxford (nearly)- reject and proud :biggrin:

Original post by arianex
What (s)he said....ish. xD

Besides, their rooms are pretty draughty. Re-quote from a previous post:

AND YOU GET TO WORK. The Oxonians I know can't work during term-time, and during the hols they're busy STUDYING/REVISING 24/7. WTH. xD

my room was actually pretty nice... it did smell weird though
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 146
Original post by NRead
Thanks love,

A* in both Maths and F. Maths
A in Physics
A in AS Biology

But at least no step they must recognise that I do not need to be tested at such a level.

But clearly they realise the fact that your skills aren't upto scratch at A-level and this is evidenced by them asking for an 'a' grade at AS, how can they test you on STEP if your A-level skills aren't upto scratch? Furthermore Warwick certainly think you need to be tested at STEP and ROFL at that.

Never Ever dare get confident and cocky. :wink:
Reply 147
Original post by bzzz
Exactly :tongue: Oxford reject and proud :biggrin:

Meh. :P What college and course did you take a stab at?
Reply 148
Original post by Dark-Myth
Don't forget me :smile:
I got an offer for EEE.

What's your offer?
Reply 149
Original post by arianex
Meh. :P What college and course did you take a stab at?

Actually edited my original post for accuracy :tongue: St. Hugh's for Maths
Reply 150
Original post by NRead
Everywhere I go, these haterz follow me. As collie buddz says.. ' Im blind to you haterz'.

You are one right penis, you haven't even got an offer so shut up and go play with your tiny SAUSAGEEEEEEEE

Sausage? I'm sorry but I am not accustomed to these derogitary terms. And me not having any offers? You are just a HATER that just fluked an offer from Imperial. They probably gave you an offer expecting you not to meet it :lol:
Original post by bzzz

Every Imperial thread is a chat thread lol :biggrin: But this is offer holders only!

And yay welcome to the family :wink: Who cares about Oxbridge, Imp is where it's at :biggrin:
By the way, is there a more badass name for a university than Imperial College, it's actually class. :tongue:
Reply 153
Original post by nikita_atikin
Every Imperial thread is a chat thread lol :biggrin: But this is offer holders only!

And yay welcome to the family :wink: Who cares about Oxbridge, Imp is where it's at :biggrin:

So er... bit early but is it true that all the accomodation is self-catered?
Original post by bzzz

Yessir :3
Original post by bzzz

Yup all are self catered which is bad because I cant cook. :frown: Have to get some guy to do it for me :wink: Most of them are ensuite as well (which is good and they don't seem ridiculously priced either)
I was looking at accommodation yesterday actually :ninja: In fact I'm so sad that I made a spreadsheet with all different accommodation types I preferred, sorted them according to closeness to the campus and price and etc etc :nothing: I'm hopin for a twin ensuite actually. They seem cheap (extra money for me :woo: ) and it will be fun sharing a room :biggrin:
Reply 156
Yup all are self catered which is bad because I cant cook. :frown: Have to get some guy to do it for me :wink: Most of them are ensuite as well (which is good and they don't seem ridiculously priced either)
I was looking at accommodation yesterday actually :ninja: In fact I'm so sad that I made a spreadsheet with all different accommodation types I preferred, sorted them according to closeness to the campus and price and etc etc :nothing: I'm hopin for a twin ensuite actually. They seem cheap (extra money for me :woo: ) and it will be fun sharing a room :biggrin:

Hahaha and I thought I was keen :tongue: I can't really cook either but I hope to be able to do enough to feed myself by the time I go. I was originally going to go for the cheapest option i.e. shared bathrooms, but I had an en-suite at Oxford and it was so nice being able to take as much time as I wanted without inconveniencing other people so I dunno anymore :s-smilie: And I'm not sure about sharing a room... Yeah, it's cheaper (and I'm a massive cheapskate) but I worry about never being able to have my personal space... Also I need complete, dead silence before I can sleep :biggrin:
Reply 157
I will of course be accommodated in Boathouse :wink:
Reply 158
Original post by roblee

Fell in love with the Eastside halls, particularly Wilkinson...so here's hoping? XD

Did I mention that I'm also a FDCE (Female Domestic Chemical Engineer) - I MEAN, somewhat-alright cook (!) - as well? Shopping's not my only vice. :P

That aside, perhaps a Sam Stern cookbook might be in order as a going-away gift...they're absolutely fabby :wink: Or if all else fails, cheap takeout every night if you can find it! XD

You're right, their ensuites are pretty decently priced considering it's a) London and b) South Kensington, to be exact! In fact, being at IC might be the only time that I can afford to live in South Kensington (ha-dee-ha)...unless I start earning mucho bucks. :biggrin:

In fact I'm so sad that I made a spreadsheet with all different accommodation types I preferred, sorted them according to closeness to the campus and price and etc etc :nothing:

Ah, the makings of a somewhat-geek...? XD (I jest.) Remember there's the whole spectrum of geek-dom at IC...and there are people who do what you did to their music library, too. xD
Original post by roblee

You're joking right? :shock: As if, you will be accomodated in the Boathouse, are you a rower, Robbeh? :sexface:

Original post by bzzz
Hahaha and I thought I was keen :tongue: I can't really cook either but I hope to be able to do enough to feed myself by the time I go. I was originally going to go for the cheapest option i.e. shared bathrooms, but I had an en-suite at Oxford and it was so nice being able to take as much time as I wanted without inconveniencing other people so I dunno anymore :s-smilie: And I'm not sure about sharing a room... Yeah, it's cheaper (and I'm a massive cheapskate) but I worry about never being able to have my personal space... Also I need complete, dead silence before I can sleep :biggrin:

Hahaha, I'm a bit of a cheapskate as well. Besides, I don't see the point in spending a lot of money to rent a room when I'm not going to be spending a lot of my time in it anyway :confused: Ahh, silence before you sleep, I don't mind snorers actually. I'm not one myself (I think) but I don't care for music. Besides, whoever wants to live with me better get used to some sound... I love my music too much. :love:

arianex
Ah, the makings of a somewhat-geek...? XD (I jest.) Remember there's the whole spectrum of geek-dom at IC...and there are people who do what you did to their music library, too. xD
Positive Rating!

Well, I love geekdom and tbh, I'm doing computing for a reason :biggrin: Imperial is the mother of all geekdoms so I better get used to it. :biggrin: Besides, geek chic is where it's at. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending