Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiecat)
    No, I don't have time for lessons right now tbh, but I plan to in the near future
    Yes I know what you mean. Ucas and a2 stress:facepalm:
    And good luck with that!
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A great timetable; the school has still shafted us with maths lessons though

The old science labs have finally been renovated so I don't feel like I'm in the 1950s anymore :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Surrey open day today
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Surrey open day today
    Make sure to get as many free things as you can. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Surrey open day today
    I had that booked but had to cancel it

ReputationRep:
    So this year my school has decided to reduce the amount of allowed home study. :mad: This is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to know we're all in the same boat! Good luck with Ucas etc everybody

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone getting spanish remarked?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFailFish)
    So this year my school has decided to reduce the amount of allowed home study. :mad: This is ridiculous.
    Wait, what? How do they think they will be able to control that?!

(Original post by Jams97)
    Is anyone getting spanish remarked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm resetting my written paper because most of my class did terribly. Also we'll have another year of the language under our belts.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by LeFailFish)
    We were allowed two hours a week in year 13, and none in year 12. I worked better in school, but I have to agree it was ridiculous especially since they wouldn't let anyone in the common room in lesson time and there were never any free rooms except the library, which could seat about 30. Then they decided to refurbish the library and we couldn't even go in there any more :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    After a full first week back I think I'm feeling a little better about the workload - going to have to work more and more regularly than last year... I always knew that but took me some time to realise.

Thanks for everyone's comments earlier offering help/sympathies etc.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even started school yet but I've already gotten my exam timetable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    We were allowed two hours a week in year 13, and none in year 12. I worked better in school, but I have to agree it was ridiculous especially since they wouldn't let anyone in the common room in lesson time and there were never any free rooms except the library, which could seat about 30. Then they decided to refurbish the library and we couldn't even go in there any more :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had 4 hours in year 12 :eek: Haven't started year 13 yet. Plus we were always allowed in the common room as long as we were working (which we actually did).

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm confused - the amount of study you can do is restricted? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys..first post here!
    How are you all finding Year13? I'm loving having so many more free periods now as I dropped from 4 to 3 subjects
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by vee_wuvshugs)
    I had 4 hours in year 12 :eek: Haven't started year 13 yet. Plus we were always allowed in the common room as long as we were working (which we actually did).
    Oh ok! We were allowed in the common room for most of the year, although they did come in and have a go at people sometimes, but then around februaryish they stopped letting us use it at all. I wouldn't have minded except there was nowhere else to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    I'm confused - the amount of study you can do is restricted? :lolwut:
    Nope, just we had to be in school the whole time except for two hours (so one morning before break or one afternoon) per week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blamethenargles)
    Wait, what? How do they think they will be able to control that?!

I'm resetting my written paper because most of my class did terribly. Also we'll have another year of the language under our belts.
    I'm having my written one sent off to! Which exam board are you on

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I ordered by scripts back for Biology Unit 2

Chem Unit 2 & 1 and they have arrived. Going through them I think that I havent been given the marks for certain questions that I should have
    The marks recieved I think we also be enough for me to go up a grade in these subjects. I'm going to speak to my teacher about it on Monday
    to confirm but in the meantime would anyone here help me take a look.

They are both AQA for Biology and Chem although I dont think that matters

ReputationRep:
    Nope, just we had to be in school the whole time except for two hours (so one morning before break or one afternoon) per week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's all the free time you get? That sucks; I have 10 free periods a week this year :awesome:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.