Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minniiee)
    i browsed the ice cream section of carrefour for hagen dazs yesterday so disappointing
    Carrefour is still amazing though. The ones I've been to in Turkey are mega-sized!!

(Original post by duygu-uc)
    Hi again,
    I know there is a huge community of Turks in London. I was there almost 1 month ago and I was always hearing Turkish from somewhere However, I am looking for Turkish students that will go there from here in September . All the issues like uni applications, accommodation, scholarship opportunities make me nervous and it would be better if I can ask my questions and get some advice. You know, talking in native language is always easier
    I think there is only 1 regular Turkish/Turkish speaking London student on this forum..her username is "Hollywoodbudgie" - she may be able to assist you in university-related question. Otherwise, I can also speak the language and would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding London in general, feel free to send me a PM (private message) if you have any questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Carrefour is still amazing though. The ones I've been to in Turkey are mega-sized!!

I think there is only 1 regular Turkish/Turkish speaking London student on this forum..her username is "Hollywoodbudge" - she may be able to assist you in university-related question. Otherwise, I can also speak the language and would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding London in general, feel free to send me a PM (private message) if you have any questions.
    you spelt hollywoodbudgie wrong :P

ahah the ones near me are all like tesco express sized
    tescos is better :P

ReputationRep:
    you spelt hollywoodbudgie wrong :P

ahah the ones near me are all like tesco express sized
    tescos is better :P
    oops, thanks for point that out!

I never shop in Tesco's, there are none near me.

Waking up every morning to revision is mighty depressing. Gahhh! :huff: Not to mention the weather is literally ridiculous now. Ruddy awful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    oops, thanks for point that out!

I never shop in Tesco's, there are none near me.

Waking up every morning to revision is mighty depressing. Gahhh! :huff: Not to mention the weather is literally ridiculous now. Ruddy awful!
    oh
    at uni there is only tescos close by
    and at home im equi distant between tescos and waitrose so it depends which parent im shopping for...

oh dear
    im going to mallorca tomorrow...
    not that im trying to rub it in or anything

ReputationRep:
    oh
    at uni there is only tescos close by
    and at home im equi distant between tescos and waitrose so it depends which parent im shopping for...

oh dear
    im going to mallorca tomorrow...
    not that im trying to rub it in or anything
    Waitrose :pierre:

You travel too much Send me some sunshine over from Mallorca please. Well I'm gona be doing solid work everyday for another 28 days. Hope that doesn't make you jel! :sad: The fact that undegrad is over in less than a month is making this revision just about bearable..:excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Waitrose :pierre:

You travel too much Send me some sunshine over from Mallorca please. Well I'm gona be doing solid work everyday for another 28 days. Hope that doesn't make you jel! :sad: The fact that undegrad is over in less than a month is making this revision just about bearable..:excited:
    hahah well where do you shop then?

hahah its my job
    il be working...
    and enjoying the sun sea and sand :P
    is it scary?
    i think its really weird that none of my friends will be students after next year!!

ReputationRep:
    hahah well where do you shop then?

hahah its my job
    il be working...
    and enjoying the sun sea and sand :P
    is it scary?
    i think its really weird that none of my friends will be students after next year!!
    Sainsbury's, as it's closest to me. It's semi-posh :hat2:

Working next to sun, sea and sand is better than working under grey clouds and endless rain :borat:

It's more depressing than scary although I am very much ****ting myself, if I don't get the grades for Cambridge then I will self-combust and my life will be over :indiff:

If I didn't have that pressure on my shoulders, I'd say it isn't really scary just tiresome, boring and depressing at times. Nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Sainsbury's, as it's closest to me. It's semi-posh :hat2:

Working next to sun, sea and sand is better than working under grey clouds and endless rain :borat:

It's more depressing than scary although I am very much ****ting myself, if I don't get the grades for Cambridge then I will self-combust and my life will be over :indiff:

If I didn't have that pressure on my shoulders, I'd say it isn't really scary just tiresome, boring and depressing at times. Nothing to worry about.
    wait are you studying for alevels or degree?
    confused

cambridge is close to where i live yaaaaaaaaay

it is also rainy atm hahha

good luck

ReputationRep:
    wait are you studying for alevels or degree?
    confused

cambridge is close to where i live yaaaaaaaaay

it is also rainy atm hahha

good luck
    Final year of degree! Got an offer for masters.

Oh really? North-ish Essex then? I've heard Cambridge is a nice place, but I've never been personally.

Must be raining over a lot of Europe then!

Thanks! Hope I'll scrape through. Trying to get a 1st at uni is an absolute *****. I have massive respect for anyone who's ever managed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Final year of degree! Got an offer for masters.

Oh really? North-ish Essex then? I've heard Cambridge is a nice place, but I've never been personally.

Must be raining over a lot of Europe then!

Thanks! Hope I'll scrape through. Trying to get a 1st at uni is an absolute *****. I have massive respect for anyone who's ever managed it.
    good guess
    it's nice town
    pretty
    and good for shopping
    and a decent sized turkish community too
    my mum is friends with a linguistics lecturer at the uni to
    what are you gonna do for your masters?

ReputationRep:
    good guess
    it's nice town
    pretty
    and good for shopping
    and a decent sized turkish community too
    my mum is friends with a linguistics lecturer at the uni to
    what are you gonna do for your masters?
    Are you talking about Cambridge or where you live? I can't imagine there being much of a Turkish community in Cambridge.

Certainly not linguistics (never liked English)..a weird concoction of economics, law and environment :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Are you talking about Cambridge or where you live? I can't imagine there being much of a Turkish community in Cambridge.

Certainly not linguistics (never liked English)..a weird concoction of economics, law and environment :holmes:
    i was talking about cambridge
    i live in a tiny wee village with not a lot other than pubs ... which i guess is a claim to fame cos that new prada model that they found in waterstones used to work in the chippy...
    its not huge
    but there are the odd few running around
    ahah fair doos
    sounds interestign to say the least :P

ReputationRep:
    i was talking about cambridge
    i live in a tiny wee village with not a lot other than pubs ... which i guess is a claim to fame cos that new prada model that they found in waterstones used to work in the chippy...
    its not huge
    but there are the odd few running around
    ahah fair doos
    sounds interestign to say the least :P
    Really? That's surprising :beard: Would be cool to meet fellow people there, no idea how I'd go about it though. Don't think there's a society for it.

From chippy to prada model? Not bad lol.

Well, I find it interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Really? That's surprising :beard: Would be cool to meet fellow people there, no idea how I'd go about it though. Don't think there's a society for it.

From chippy to prada model? Not bad lol.

Well, I find it interesting

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/blogs/...823355-42.html
    he was a few years younger than me at school and was quite popular although when i found out i was like huuuuuuuuh? i dont get it.... lol but good for him

to be fair im sur eit is... but the combination confuses me a little :P

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/blogs/...823355-42.html
    he was a few years younger than me at school and was quite popular although when i found out i was like huuuuuuuuh? i dont get it.... lol but good for him

to be fair im sur eit is... but the combination confuses me a little :P
    Wow haha. What a story! Bet he has loads of female models crawling over him now :hubba:

Yeah it confuses me too! Economics, finance, law and environment rolled into on course is certainly very diverse At the end of the day it doesn't matter what you study, employers will expect you to apply your knowledge, tools and skills in the workplace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Wow haha. What a story! Bet he has loads of female models crawling over him now :hubba:

Yeah it confuses me too! Economics, finance, law and environment rolled into on course is certainly very diverse At the end of the day it doesn't matter what you study, employers will expect you to apply your knowledge, tools and skills in the workplace.
    id guess so...
    who knows!

haha true

on other news the add at the bottom of the page says:
    "miss Kenya? 5.9c/min to call your friends and family?"

ive never been to kenya...

ReputationRep:
    id guess so...
    who knows!

haha true

on other news the add at the bottom of the page says:
    "miss Kenya? 5.9c/min to call your friends and family?"

ive never been to kenya...
    Take a detour to Kenya from Spain :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Take a detour to Kenya from Spain :holmes:
    ummm
    not sure my boss'd pay for that...

ReputationRep:
    ummm
    not sure my boss'd pay for that...
    Show your boss who's the boss!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Show your boss who's the boss!
    ahahah
    i like the way you think

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.