The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Yeah I came out of the non-calc knowing I'd failed but but was much happier about the calculator!

The examiners are some crafty people :P
Original post by ChronicBoredom
Does anyone remember any questions from the French edexcel paper? Or were there any questions people found hard?? I can't remember anything about it because it was my first exam but I think I found listening much harder..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did that, did u do higher? i found the listening easier than the reading!! like i felt that they were speaking nice and clearly..
i remember that the reading had this one page that was really hard forgot what it was about though :confused:

The link you've posted is broken. Here is the correct link.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2013/aug/05/gcse-exams-tiering-michael-gove

As for the subject of the article itself, I completely agree with Michael Gove's reforms to bring an end to tiered examinations. It's about time we brought an end to capped aspirations and unnecessarily dumbed down papers.
(edited 10 years ago)
hi guys if any one of you is interested. THE EDEXCEL IGCSE MAY 2013 PAPERS CAN BE FOUND HERE!
http://www.studentforums.biz/index.php?topic=17417.0

THANKS TO THE UPLOADER (SAADMANNAN)
Original post by CD223
This might be pure coincidence, but I've heard more or less the same subjects mentioned by everyone as their worst exams. In my school, people who took the same exam board in a subject with several options (i.e: Edexcel French, Spanish or German for their languages studies and AQA Graphics, Resistant Materials or Food Tech for their Design Technology studies) all complained about how hard it was.

So basically a lot of people found these subjects their hardest in my school, despite taking different languages or tech choices with the same board. Do exam boards try and make ALL of their language or tech exams (for example) to the same difficulty, or is this just a massive coincidence?

That's not necessarily true, I did both French and Spanish on AQA and I and everyone else taking both found Spanish a lot easier than French! German was on Edexcel so I guess that also flaws your theory :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Oh yeah that was it, I remember it being weird because it had both describe and explain which threw me, I know its silly but still

Well I got a high A on my coursework and before the exam I was hoping for an A* but now I'm pretty sure I'll only scrape an A, which I'd be happy with :smile:

You?

Well I only just got an A on my coursework haha so I needed to get a high A but I think I will get a high B so that would make me a high B overall therefore I will retake it in November :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Einstein007
Lol ur right about the safety net, it will be very risky for me because the only linear exams i sat were maths, history and rs

I'll have to resit AS along with A2 if I fail :frown: so I'll make sure I pass!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Molly_xox
I'll have to resit AS along with A2 if I fail :frown: so I'll make sure I pass!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that would be almost impossible but a relative of mine did his AS and A2 in year 13 and now he's a dentist so obvs not impossible but like what were u predicted?
Original post by CheesePuffff
Good idea, I'll ask the others first! I'm kinda hoping lots of people are bringing their parents because I'd like mine to be there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

me too! :smile:
'Everything is ok in the end, if it isn't ok then it isn't the end.'
Original post by Einstein007
Yeah that would be almost impossible but a relative of mine did his AS and A2 in year 13 and now he's a dentist so obvs not impossible but like what were u predicted?

Wow, that must've been a lot of work :s-smilie:

What for AS? I haven't sat my ALIS yet :lol: By MIDYIS scores I was predicted an A in everything but French and English. My last set of grades pre-exams were As for Biology, Chemistry, English Lit, English, Maths and History and A*s for RS, French, Spanish and Physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone do the Edexcel P1 Higher exam in June? How did you find it? :smile:
Reply 1932
Original post by SuperSauce
Anyone do the Edexcel P1 Higher exam in June? How did you find it? :smile:

I'm in Year 11 but I did it then:colondollar: It went quite well apart from the last 6 marker i'd say! How about you?
Original post by sweet_gyal97
I did that, did u do higher? i found the listening easier than the reading!! like i felt that they were speaking nice and clearly..
i remember that the reading had this one page that was really hard forgot what it was about though :confused:

Yeah, I did higher :smile: I've always been pretty bad at listening.. I can't keep up with what they're saying and when they say it the first time, I start scribbling something down and I miss the second time :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elixirs
I'm in Year 11 but I did it then:colondollar: It went quite well apart from the last 6 marker i'd say! How about you?

Thought it went well apart from the currents section as we weren't taught in depth. :smile:
Reply 1935
Original post by SuperSauce
Thought it went well apart from the currents section as we weren't taught in depth. :smile:

Ah good to hear, I'm assuming you're in year 10? If so you always have a second shot next year:tongue:
Don't know about you guys but I'm absolutely bricking it :afraid:
Astagz so much haraam on this thread. Repent sincerely brothers and sisters shaitaan is doing waswas.
Does anyone think that if I got around 117 in the higher maths def then I might be able to scrape a few lucky marks to get an A? I really hate maths:\

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CarpeFilia
Does anyone think that if I got around 117 in the higher maths def then I might be able to scrape a few lucky marks to get an A? I really hate maths:\

Posted from TSR Mobile

A is around 65%, which is 130/200 if this is Edexcel.
Lowest it's been is like 55% so maybe but I didn't find the year hard or easy compared to my past papers

Latest