Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saywhatyoumean)
    Yeah I came out of the non-calc knowing I'd failed but but was much happier about the calculator!
    The examiners are some crafty people :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChronicBoredom)
    Does anyone remember any questions from the French edexcel paper? Or were there any questions people found hard?? I can't remember anything about it because it was my first exam but I think I found listening much harder..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did that, did u do higher? i found the listening easier than the reading!! like i felt that they were speaking nice and clearly..
    i remember that the reading had this one page that was really hard forgot what it was about though :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The link you've posted is broken. Here is the correct link.

http://www.theguardian.com/education...g-michael-gove

As for the subject of the article itself, I completely agree with Michael Gove's reforms to bring an end to tiered examinations. It's about time we brought an end to capped aspirations and unnecessarily dumbed down papers.

ReputationRep:
    hi guys if any one of you is interested. THE EDEXCEL IGCSE MAY 2013 PAPERS CAN BE FOUND HERE!
    http://www.studentforums.biz/index.php?topic=17417.0

THANKS TO THE UPLOADER (SAADMANNAN)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    This might be pure coincidence, but I've heard more or less the same subjects mentioned by everyone as their worst exams. In my school, people who took the same exam board in a subject with several options (i.e: Edexcel French, Spanish or German for their languages studies and AQA Graphics, Resistant Materials or Food Tech for their Design Technology studies) all complained about how hard it was.

So basically a lot of people found these subjects their hardest in my school, despite taking different languages or tech choices with the same board. Do exam boards try and make ALL of their language or tech exams (for example) to the same difficulty, or is this just a massive coincidence?
    That's not necessarily true, I did both French and Spanish on AQA and I and everyone else taking both found Spanish a lot easier than French! German was on Edexcel so I guess that also flaws your theory

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saywhatyoumean)
    Oh yeah that was it, I remember it being weird because it had both describe and explain which threw me, I know its silly but still

Well I got a high A on my coursework and before the exam I was hoping for an A* but now I'm pretty sure I'll only scrape an A, which I'd be happy with

You?
    Well I only just got an A on my coursework haha so I needed to get a high A but I think I will get a high B so that would make me a high B overall therefore I will retake it in November

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einstein007)
    Lol ur right about the safety net, it will be very risky for me because the only linear exams i sat were maths, history and rs
    I'll have to resit AS along with A2 if I fail so I'll make sure I pass!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    I'll have to resit AS along with A2 if I fail so I'll make sure I pass!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that would be almost impossible but a relative of mine did his AS and A2 in year 13 and now he's a dentist so obvs not impossible but like what were u predicted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheesePuffff)
    Good idea, I'll ask the others first! I'm kinda hoping lots of people are bringing their parents because I'd like mine to be there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    me too!

ReputationRep:
    'Everything is ok in the end, if it isn't ok then it isn't the end.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einstein007)
    Yeah that would be almost impossible but a relative of mine did his AS and A2 in year 13 and now he's a dentist so obvs not impossible but like what were u predicted?
    Wow, that must've been a lot of work

What for AS? I haven't sat my ALIS yet :lol: By MIDYIS scores I was predicted an A in everything but French and English. My last set of grades pre-exams were As for Biology, Chemistry, English Lit, English, Maths and History and A*s for RS, French, Spanish and Physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do the Edexcel P1 Higher exam in June? How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSauce)
    Anyone do the Edexcel P1 Higher exam in June? How did you find it?
    I'm in Year 11 but I did it then It went quite well apart from the last 6 marker i'd say! How about you?

(Original post by sweet_gyal97)
    I did that, did u do higher? i found the listening easier than the reading!! like i felt that they were speaking nice and clearly..
    i remember that the reading had this one page that was really hard forgot what it was about though :confused:
    Yeah, I did higher I've always been pretty bad at listening.. I can't keep up with what they're saying and when they say it the first time, I start scribbling something down and I miss the second time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixirs)
    I'm in Year 11 but I did it then It went quite well apart from the last 6 marker i'd say! How about you?
    Thought it went well apart from the currents section as we weren't taught in depth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSauce)
    Thought it went well apart from the currents section as we weren't taught in depth.
    Ah good to hear, I'm assuming you're in year 10? If so you always have a second shot next year

ReputationRep:
    Don't know about you guys but I'm absolutely bricking it :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Astagz so much haraam on this thread. Repent sincerely brothers and sisters shaitaan is doing waswas.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think that if I got around 117 in the higher maths def then I might be able to scrape a few lucky marks to get an A? I really hate maths:\

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarpeFilia)
    Does anyone think that if I got around 117 in the higher maths def then I might be able to scrape a few lucky marks to get an A? I really hate maths:\

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A is around 65%, which is 130/200 if this is Edexcel.
    Lowest it's been is like 55% so maybe but I didn't find the year hard or easy compared to my past papers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.