Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oracle95)
    How come? are you applying for this role?
    no, applying to ibd

some M&A deals out there that have corporate brokers on the deal, was just curious as to what they actually do to command a fee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    so, if we applied before you (i.e. in August) and still didn't get video interview, does that mean we are in rejection pile?
    Simple answer, no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulpierce94)
    does someone know why the applications for bank of america merrill lynch are still closed?
    Cause they haven't started hiring yet?! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flourish RY)
    no, applying to ibd

some M&A deals out there that have corporate brokers on the deal, was just curious as to what they actually do to command a fee
    ah ok, cool.

What you said in your previous answer is basically it. It's mainly a UK phenomenon and they work with clients to explain why their share price is at a certain level, how the market may affect and how potential deals could effect them. Their basically the relationship managers on the IBD side

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    Anyone know if DB ask for logical for Markets?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    applied for grad role and they didn't. Only numerical and verbal I think? been a while..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masterllecker)
    applied for grad role and they didn't. Only numerical and verbal I think? been a while..
    I recently applied for a grad role and it was only numerical - i applied for corp finance if that makes any difference.

ReputationRep:
    Which banks are just CV & Cover Letter for application process pre-tests etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AenigmaFx)
    Is it the role of a campus ambassador? If so, it wont be a very demanding part time role.
    Excuse the belated response! No, it's quite a unique scenario so it would be an analyst doing their modelling work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    Cause they haven't started hiring yet?! lol
    or they are too confident that they will not lose best candidates to other banks, haha

ReputationRep:
    does someone know why the applications for bank of america merrill lynch are still closed?
    HR have taken an extended holiday this summer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juventus100)
    would defo still apply if I was you...doubt they would force you to join feb when u still have uni and if your good enough they will defo want you.
    Cheers mate. I think they ask for a cover letter so I'll mention it there about only being able to do September.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any idea about pass rate for Nomura Logical? Do you get straight rejection if you don't pass?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESTATEREAL)
    Excuse the belated response! No, it's quite a unique scenario so it would be an analyst doing their modelling work
    Ahh okay, thats pretty damn cool if i say so myself. Yeah I have no idea how demanding that will be, but yeah, best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    IS there any possible rejection btw the SJT and inductive tests for HSBC? Or, do you have to do both even if you failed the SJT? Thks

ReputationRep:
    Not getting that Barclays video invite either..Were my answers those of a self-entitled prick or is it simply sunday and HR is out on a bbq doing ket?

ReputationRep:
    What about Citi's numerical test? I applied last tuesday but haven't received anything yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masterllecker)
    Not getting that Barclays video invite either..Were my answers those of a self-entitled prick or is it simply sunday and HR is out on a bbq doing ket?
    What did you apply for out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What about Citi's numerical test? I applied last tuesday but haven't received anything yet
    you have to wait, they will screen your application before sending out numerical test

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to repeat posts, but does anyone know if DB has a logical after numerical for Global Markets?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    division/programme?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.