The Student Room Group

WJEC English Language and Lit

Anyone else surprised at their result for this exam today? I swear I did well in the exam and I like to think I'm good at English so how did I get a C in the exam? I got an A for the cw so it levelled out at a B but still. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing and what they're doing about it?

Might get a remark but not sure if it's worth it. Can you remark and then if that doesn't improve the mark, retake?

Also, if you retake, does it take your better grade or take an average?
Reply 1
I thought I did better, got a B but didn't get into my firm for english language because I got Cs in everything else :frown:
Reply 2
I'm in exactly the same boat as you!
I got a B last year but i managed to even this out in my Jan module where i got nearly full marks.
In these summer exams, i was really confident. I knew the books off by heart and had consistantly got As in class. Yet i got Cs and Ds in the modules. I don't understand what went wrong!
Reply 3
SW.
OP
Just to clarify, I meant my AS results :P

But unlucky, I was sure I was going to get an A in my AS so rather pissed I got a C in the exam.
Reply 4
I thought I did really badly in ELL6 but I found out this morning I got 100% in the paper! I still didn't get into my first choice uni though despite wanting to do English and getting an A overall for the subject.
Reply 5
first and formost, i registered just to respond to this topic since i face exactly the SAME problem with my english lang&lit wjec exam!! =) lol. i had A for my coursework, and was clearly one of the best in my class. also, i thought i was good in the subject since i sincerely love it! i ended up with a very low D in the exam! because i nearly had full marks in my cw i ended up overal with C (two marks away from B). i couldn't believe it. couple of weeks ago i became aware of gettin exams remarked. so, requested copy of my exam + remark. i've been waitin nearly for 2 weeks now.
Reply 6
THANK GOD I'm not the only one! I got a high grade A for my coursework and managed to get a REALLY low D in my English Language exam! I was gob smacked!:eek: My entire class got low marks too, apart from 1 or 2 B's, the rest of us got D's :frown: The exam was really easy (apart from the last bit about the whole Illness thing and how you had to explain the guy's feelings etc, that was a tad bit tricky). All the English teachers at my school remarked my paper using the EXACT same mark scheme as the examiners did, yet they marked my exam as a high B/A. My paper was sent off for a re-mark about 1 month ago, my teacher attended a meeting that was held on 12/10/2009 with the exam board. Today the answer I got was "They haven't budged the marks at all." We're both extremely annoyed and she is now trying to contact the woman (I'm guessing the owner/co-ordinate) to get straight and clear answers.

OK, this is what I know...roughly. Apparently the WJEC Board has raised its bars WITHOUT acknowledging the schools and English teachers. WJEC is obviously denying this therefore causing a lot of controversy. Like I said, I only know this roughly, so I'm only telling you guys the basic outline. I'll be finding out more soon enough and when I do I shall let you know :smile:

Sarina
Reply 7
Thanks Sarina! WJEC do nto even state their grade boundaries! - how unhelpful!
the exam i sta on monday was extremly bias, the extract was of a football lesson! hmmm okay very interesting for the girls!! - NOT!
I flopped so bad on the descriptive eeeeeeek!

Latest

Trending

Trending