The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

The Official Durham Queens Campus Freshers Thread 2009!

congrats to all who have got into Durham, well done. :biggrin:

Who is getting ready for the freshers week of "Queens Campus" (October 3rd to 11th), well don't do it alone, post all your thoughts here. :woo:

what are you planing to do, on the timetable? :smile:

what is good, and what is'nt?:cool:

Also are you getting the freshers week t-shirt. :yep:

who's better Stephenson College or Snow College?
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Find out and join in on the Pub Quiz, Waterside on Sunday 11th October (7.00pm).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
we could also post some "who are you information in here", ill get the ball rolling.

Name: Kristian

Course: Biomedical science

Intrests/likes: RnB, Jimmy Carr, Arsenal (but i like all football, position GK), Fifa 09 (soon Fifa 10, on PS3), The Inbetweeners, Silent Witness, Mock the week, 8/10 Cats, Comedy, Action films , YOU, so post your information.

and of course the TSR, its my life, no not really. I should not joke about that, because to some people is actually is, not mentioning any names. But it starts with an M, ends in S, and rythms with aligators. =)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Must....fight....urge.

COLLEGE WITH AN E!!!!!
Don't tell me you've got into Durham with that level of grammar, spelling and punctuation!
Reply 4
hypocriticaljap
Don't tell me you've got into Durham with that level of grammar, spelling and punctuation!

:yep: , and im studying English lit, just after i got AA in English lit and lan, at A-level. :woo:
Name: Alex

an age :p:

Course: Geology with Foundation

Likes/interests: F1 - specifically McLaren, Manchester United, Harlequins, JRPG's, XBox 360, Adam Hills, Russell Howard, Michael McIntyre, Numb3rs, House, Comedy films, action films and classic films. Oh and music, lots of music, Ash, Death Cab For Cutie, Reuben, INXS, The Cinematics, Howling Bells, Ocean Colour Scene to name a few.
Reply 6
shorley_wall
Name: Alex

an age :p:

Course: Geology with Foundation

Likes/interests: F1 - specifically McLaren, Manchester United, Harlequins, JRPG's, XBox 360, Adam Hills, Russell Howard, Michael McIntyre, Numb3rs, House, Comedy films, action films and classic films. Oh and music, lots of music, Ash, Death Cab For Cutie, Reuben, INXS, The Cinematics, Howling Bells, Ocean Colour Scene to name a few.

can't wait, all the stuff to do though, have you recived that. The freshers stuff, just been looking though it, think im going for about 4 bar crawl's (mabey i should'nt after last night, but i can't resist). might go to quiz, and cinema, but have'nt really looked at it to much yet.

Manchester United - their is going to be some banter, for sure, my brother supports them so i can not stand them, sorry. :yep:

your're comedians are some of my favs also, love mock the week, hence Russell Howard. :love:

love most films, some of my classic favs have to be "Green Mile", "Shawshank Redemtion" and "The Italian job". :bigsmile:

Music i thought i loved all music, but all the people you have named i have never heard off, sorry. lol :p:

F1 - watch that a bit to. like all sport tbh

and of course the TSR

sound like were going to get on just fine, lots of similar intrests, i will see you their.:thumbsup:

please feel free to pick up on any spelling error's, never been my strong point. lol
Name: Neil

I'll be lowering the tone whilst studying Biomedical science with foundation.

No idea where I'm going to live yet...:s-smilie:

Interest/Likes: Burnley FC, F1, Moto GP, Stella Artois
Reply 8
Supersharpshooter
Name: Neil

I'll be lowering the tone whilst studying Biomedical science with foundation.
No idea where I'm going to live yet...:s-smilie:

Interest/Likes: Burnley FC, F1, Moto GP, Stella Artois

sorry just curios, what is that, i know people who are going to do a foundation never knew what it was. :confused:. btw you must be going as a mature student, right, do you still join in on freshers. lol. :o:
kflynn
sorry just curios, what is that, i know people who are going to do a foundation never knew what it was. :confused:. btw you must be going as a mature student, right, do you still join in on freshers. lol. :o:

Damn Cheek!! :p: Yeah we do (well I will be), I'm 25 so technically a mature student, we have years of drinking experience under our belts!

Foundation years basically prepare you for your degree if you have non traditional qualifications, have had a break from study etc. I actually only get a year at Queens as after foundation I will be studying Geology at Durham City Campus.

Regarding Mock the Week, you know the Aussie guy with one foot? Adam Hills? He's at the Arc in Stockton on Friday 16th Oct, think he'd be wickedly funny live.

As for the Man U-Arsenal banter, I'm used to it, several of my exs support Arsenal! Well I guess someone has to :p:
Hey,

Just thought I would send you an official link for all George Stephenson College Fresher's that will be joining us this year :-)

www.stephensonjcr.co.uk

There will be loads of information on this website such as freshers week timetable and all college information from societys and sports and all nights out.

Enjoy

Sean
Reply 11
stephensoncollege
Hey,

Just thought I would send you an official link for all George Stephenson College Fresher's that will be joining us this year :-)

www.stephensonjcr.co.uk

There will be loads of information on this website such as freshers week timetable and all college information from societys and sports and all nights out.

Enjoy

Sean

you joined the TSR, just to post that, thanks. i like you already. :biggrin:. who are you 1st, 2nd year? what do you study? what do you recommend on freshers?
kflynn

I'll probably not do all the freshers shenanigans and tomfoolery. Will certainly be sampling the college bar plenty though....:p:
Reply 13
Supersharpshooter
I'll probably not do all the freshers shenanigans and tomfoolery. Will certainly be sampling the college bar plenty though....:p:

what a great word. lolololololol.

the college bar plenty though - :yep: me too
Reply 14
You spelt 'college' wrong in the OP.
Reply 15
arkbar
You spelt 'college' wrong in the OP.

yeah i know, please leave me alone, lol. its not my falt im dyslexic, oh wait that would'nt matter. no only joking, english has never been my strong point, but dont hold it against me, no seriously. :p:

btw way i had to look up how to spell dyslexic, i would of spelt it dislesick, lol.
Reply 16
fribblet
Meeee I made it in through clearing to a foundation with Business degree :biggrin: so 4 years at Queens I guess!

Had no idea which to pick out of Stephenson or John Snow, how do you decide! I've been assigned John Snow by Durhum, about all I know is that they wear gowns instead of not, and its 5 mins away instead of right on campus. Anything else to decide between the two? :confused: Which is more social?

Oh and I'm 21 :biggrin: look forward to seeing you all there!

well done, all are welcome here, i did'nt decide between the two, i put open application and got put in Stevo.
Reply 17
Hello! I'm Louise, from Washington (north of Stockton) and I'll be studying Applied Psychology. I'm in Stephenson College. I'm getting the freshers week t-shirt!

I love lots of different kinds of music- too many to list here, I think. I like comedy, such as Michael McIntyre etc. I love film and Doctor Who.

Oh, did anyone else send off an online application form for accommodation and not hear anything back? I'm a bit worried.

xx
Reply 18
Hi i'm Jo from Whitby, i'l be starting applied psychology in Oct. Think i will be the oldest student at 34 but, bothered:woo: age is just a number lol. Anymore mature students?
Reply 19
Atrixa
Hello! I'm Louise, from Washington (north of Stockton) and I'll be studying Applied Psychology. I'm in Stephenson College. I'm getting the freshers week t-shirt!

I love lots of different kinds of music- too many to list here, I think. I like comedy, such as Michael McIntyre etc. I love film and Doctor Who.

Oh, did anyone else send off an online application form for accommodation and not hear anything back? I'm a bit worried. xx

:yep: , at least its just not me, in your freshers pack you should have got on results day. Their is a yellow letter you have to sign and return to stevo, (in envolope provided), by 18th september. its a Licence Agreement, you got that?

Latest