The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

Zedd
I like the weather to be a little bat-shit. Gives it more character.

lol whats it like in the brotah now? its sunny here again
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 41
Laura_f_1990
lol whats it like in the brotah now? its sunny here again

Not sure about the 'brotah but in the 'broath it's dry but overcast. Bit boring tbh.
Reply 42
What are the odds of a white Christmas? I've never actually had one..
Zedd
Not sure about the 'brotah but in the 'broath it's dry but overcast. Bit boring tbh.

well brotah is an acronym for broath :wink:
:P (i think thats the right word..)

same here. Glad its dry though, hope it stays that way since i'm out tonight! =]
Reply 44
Keeno89
I did say it was torrential rain! Wasn't as bad as that where I live though. Aaaah the benefits of living at Foresterhill and not at the bottom of the hill :smile: Hillhead is on a hill too so you won't get flooding there. Seaton park can be bad at times. I remember when I was in first year their was one point where the field that is parallel to Don Street was basically submerged in water.

Was out at dyce apparently

Dont worry too much about that pic. The road there dips down to go under the railway bridge and always floods whenever there is even a hint of rain.
Reply 45
Laura_f_1990

same here. Glad its dry though, hope it stays that way since i'm out tonight! =]

Crafty, crafty (or is that clumsy? :p: )

Does look to me like it's going to rain again sometime this evening/tonight... hopefully that isn't the safe for the 'dee if you're going 'oot.
Zedd
Crafty, crafty (or is that clumsy? )

Does look to me like it's going to rain again sometime this evening/tonight... hopefully that isn't the safe for the 'dee if you're going 'oot.

awch I'll take a brolly anyway (not that I'll use it) in case. :smile:
Laura_f_1990

Not quite ....
acronym's a a word made from the initial letters of other words, like SAAS or USA

You're looking for anagram.:p:
Reply 48
You hear that? A months worth of rain within the last 24hrs in Aberdeen. Thank feck the open day got away with it.
egfy
Dont worry too much about that pic. The road there dips down to go under the railway bridge and always floods whenever there is even a hint of rain.

To be fair, it's rare when we have to swim up towards the airport. There's water in the usual places but there's also standing water in places that I've never seen standing water in before.

Speaking of which, I had to take a ridiculous route all over the place to get to work in Dyce today. I ended up on my fourth-choice road - all the others were closed off due to flooding.
Bloody hell. Apparently ASDA at the beach has a carpark full of sewage/rain water from where the drains have overflowed.
Becca-Sarah
Bloody hell. Apparently ASDA at the beach has a carpark full of sewage/rain water from where the drains have overflowed.

Makes sense I suppose. That place just sits in it's own little dip, so it's probably getting a fair portion of the rainwater.
It looks like weather is quite temperamental. What caught my attention was that all unis pictures (on their websites) are taken on sunny days! Hope foggy days are rare in reality too! (Can't even hope the same about the rainy ones...)
Reply 53
Being from Newcastle, I'm used to a bit of a poor weather and living near the coast. Aberdeen can't be much worse? Although it is quite a bit more northern...
Reply 54
Today was a little bit misty initially but that did not last long. What ***** me over is the humidity is different to what I'm used to.

I'd say that most days so far have been quite nice, not necessarily dry but nice. Be sure to bring clothing for all seasons of the year though.
Reply 55
Zedd
Today was a little bit misty initially but that did not last long. What ***** me over is the humidity is different to what I'm used to.

I'd say that most days so far have been quite nice, not necessarily dry but nice. Be sure to bring clothing for all seasons of the year though.

Does it rain much? I mean, that can put a bit of a downer on a night out. Having to wait in queues in the pouring rain.
I'm not just wholly concerned with nights out, just that's when rain bother me the most, honestly. :biggrin:
Reply 56
Hard to say, I've been in Aberdeen all of 3-4 weeks and apart from the odd night where it has rained enough to put me off going out it's not been too bad. It's difficult for me to say if there is more or less rain here as I've not been keeping upto date with news, weather etc but I would say that it is at the very least not raining more than anywhere else along the east coast of Scotland.

Make sure to bring a jacket would be my advice if the rain bothers you mate.
Reply 57
My advice is to man up :p: I like the cold. It's brilliant! And it rarely rains heavily enough to warrant putting on a jacket, or that's for me anyway.

Last friday was really bad though. had to go up town at lunchtime to pick up tickets and it was absolutely pouring it down. It was like a monsoon.

Wouldn't say the weather here was much worse than other places in Scotland though. I have a friend from Newcastle though so I can ask her for a comparison!
You dont need to worry about the rain at the moment, did you feel the wind last week! There was leaves all over my room when I got home lol
Reply 59
theweehighlander
You dont need to worry about the rain at the moment, did you feel the wind last week! There was leaves all over my room when I got home lol

All the trees and **** that had been blown over was kind of cool for sure. I'm surprised there wasn't more damage tbh.

Latest

Trending

Trending