The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

eggnog
Those 'describe the graph' questions are really boring.

But they're usually easy.
I hate describe questions with a passion.
I also hate questions with huge tables, questions with loads of into at the beginning and questions about experiment techniques - all of which are common in UC :eek:
Reply 22
Ah Ah Ah. Unifyng Concepts - Eurghhhhh.
How much does cswk count for it?
i think its 2.5% of the entire course but im not sure its jus what ive heard.well thats how much the plan is worth
Reply 24
Coursework is 10% of the whole AS and A2 couse (20% of A2).
And the coursework and unifying concepts make up a module so coursework is like half of unifying concepts.
Reply 25
violet
Coursework is 10% of the whole AS and A2 couse (20% of A2).
And the coursework and unifying concepts make up a module so coursework is like half of unifying concepts.

Half of UC?? wow, that really helps :smile:
Reply 26
yeh im doin it, and the max im gettin right now is like 35/60. The worst part is learning the central concepts stuff over again which i hated and glad not to be doin this summer again. Hopefully my cwk mark 52/60 would help me. What option modules are you lots doing? Im doin mammalian physiology
Reply 27
mammalian here, its easier but papers are harder.. :frown:
kurupt1
mammalian here, its easier but papers are harder.. :frown:

reallly i find it the opposite, i find if u learn it (which i still have to do) its okay but there just so much to learn. :fisheye:
Reply 29
well it changes every year, basically what they do - or i assume they do, is see how many people have got whatever mark, and dole out the ums in a way such that x% will have an A, x% a B, x% a C etc etc

so really theres not really mcuh way to tell what an A is, its always gonna be 240/300 or 480/600 UMS

but if you had a hard practical compared to other years then itll be lower, if easier then higher
god my practical is really going to bring that mark down. i hate synoptics. has anyone done the jun 2003 paper the answer to all questions was enzymes!
Yeah I'm doing Mammalian as well. It's okay ~ I've still got a few holes in it but nothing major. Does the UC paper do that stupid thing where youhave a paper ut of 60 but they round it up to 90? Only that's wot they did for some of my OCR Chemistry papers (chains and rings!!!!!!). Can someone help that way i can figure out wot mark i need to get to get in the exam to get each overall grade. :biggrin:

Btw those past papers were helpful :biggrin: thanks
For this module, around 72/120 is an A
:confused: 93, 89, 88, 89 and 93 (out of 120) have been the raw marks needed to get an A in the last five exam sessions for UC. Apparently, most people get a good mark on coursework which helps them, but I never do. :frown: I think I got 42/60, but it could have gone up or down since.
Reply 34
damn thats quite high, means gotta work harder on the option paper to make up the lost marks in UC
Me too, I need about 90/90 on the option paper lol
Reply 36
lol hopefully the AS modules were good this year so we would need less marks on these
Reply 37
hopefully i just get a high mark on the papers my writing as much that could possibly have to do with the topic of the question..
i always finish the paper with about 20mins spare no matter what subject it is so ill just have to use that time adding to the answers ive already put, with random bullet points that are totally obvious but might still get me a mark.

dam it i hate biology
The examiners hate it when people just write everything they know about a topic and hope to get some marks. Nevertheless, it is still my plan. :p:
thats true but this year would it be even lower due to the complains ??? (**prays**):adore:

Latest

Trending

Trending