The Student Room Group

11 weeks going from C to A* - Alevel

Hello, this will be my diary, where I will document my daily hours, to-do list, and accomplishments. For context, I study ocr religious studies, chemistry, and biology. My grades have fluctuated over the last two years, but in my most recent mock, I received an A (rs) and a C (bio+chem). I know my potential, and I know that anything is possible if I set my mind to it, because no one is born lucky; we simply have to work hard. You can stalk this if you want.
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sailormoonmeow
Hello, this will be my diary, where I will document my daily hours, to-do list, and accomplishments. For context, I study ocr religious studies, chemistry, and biology. My grades have fluctuated over the last two years, but in my most recent mock, I received an A (rs) and a C (bio+chem). I know my potential, and I know that anything is possible if I set my mind to it, because no one is born lucky; we simply have to work hard. You can stalk this if you want.
Hii
We so the same a levels and have similar grades and I also have the same goal😭😭. The only problem with me is I'm an extreme chronic procrastinator so I doubt I'll get the grades I want . Good luck to u
Original post by Melissa6789#
Hii
We so the same a levels and have similar grades and I also have the same goal😭😭. The only problem with me is I'm an extreme chronic procrastinator so I doubt I'll get the grades I want . Good luck to u
Thank youu and we got this :wink: and you need to believe in yourself girl !!
Date: 20.03.24

Daily Hours: 07:21:58

To-Do List: Accomplished :heart:

Arguments of Observation notes - Teleological and Cosmological

Biology homework + Photosynthesis revision

Chemistry - Chromatography and Qualitative analysis

Reflection: Not bad but not good >.<
(edited 1 month ago)
Date: 20.03.24
Daily Hours: 07:21:58

Arguments of Observation notes - Teleological and Cosmological

Biology homework + Photosynthesis revision

Chemistry - Chromatography and Qualitative analysis

Reflection: Not bad but not good >.<

Can I ask how you get hours in during school weekdays ? Well done for completing
Can I ask how you get hours in during school weekdays ? Well done for completing

Thank you:>, I am a Muslim, and I have to wake up early to pray and eat for my fast. I've used this schedule to maximise my study time from 4:40 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. before school, and after school, I go straight to work after a 20-minute break. I do my best to stick to a 60/10 minute schedule, but I usually skip breaks because I use my five daily prayers as breaks. I'm also attempting to make the most of my free time at school going forward. Not every day am I productive; sometimes I only do two hours, but that will stop because I don't reallyyy feel confident in my abilities for now

Thank you:>, I am a Muslim, and I have to wake up early to pray and eat for my fast. I've used this schedule to maximise my study time from 4:40 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. before school, and after school, I go straight to work after a 20-minute break. I do my best to stick to a 60/10 minute schedule, but I usually skip breaks because I use my five daily prayers as breaks. I'm also attempting to make the most of my free time at school going forward. Not every day am I productive; sometimes I only do two hours, but that will stop because I don't reallyyy feel confident in my abilities for now
Same here I'm also Muslim and its been tricky getting a ramdhan schedule going. The thing that is tricky is forcing yourself to revise after iftar . Lol .
Date: 21.03.24

Daily Hours: 04:56:02

To-Do List: Incomplete :cry:

Arguments based on reason - Ontological argument

Biology: Module 4 flashcards / Blurt + PMT exam questions

Chemistry: Go over flashcards for mechanisms (organic)

Accomplishments:

Made progress on Biology flashcards and completed some homework

Reflection: Today was a productive day overall, although I didn't manage to complete my entire to-do list. I'm satisfied with the progress I made in reviewing the module 4, yay!
(edited 1 month ago)
Same here I'm also Muslim and its been tricky getting a ramdhan schedule going. The thing that is tricky is forcing yourself to revise after iftar . Lol .

I usually eat and watch a show while feeling toasty from my heater, and I never get back to work because I'm so tired. Alhamdulliah to Allah for bestowing those blessings upon us. Make dua for it to be easier for you (and the ummah :lovedup:), and Ramadan should not hold us back but rather propel us into a greater future ahead.

The dua of a fasting person is accepted. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi in 2525 and classified as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi. So call out to Allah, because he is Al-Wahhab and Ar-Razzaq.

"There is no victory except from Allah. Indeed, Allah is All-Mighty and All-Wise." (8:10)

" And know well that Allah is your Protector an excellent Protector and an excellent Helper" (8:40)

I usually eat and watch a show while feeling toasty from my heater, and I never get back to work because I'm so tired. Alhamdulliah to Allah for bestowing those blessings upon us. Make dua for it to be easier for you (and the ummah :lovedup:), and Ramadan should not hold us back but rather propel us into a greater future ahead.
The dua of a fasting person is accepted. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi in 2525 and classified as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi. So call out to Allah, because he is Al-Wahhab and Ar-Razzaq.

"There is no victory except from Allah. Indeed, Allah is All-Mighty and All-Wise." (8:10)

" And know well that Allah is your Protector an excellent Protector and an excellent Helper" (8:40)

💕💕

Hi! Welcome to the gyg forum, I hope you enjoy being here! Fellow gyg-er, and I do bio, chem and psychology, so similar to yours:smile:
Are you in year 12 or 13?
My gyg: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7432389&page=5

Could one you be ever so kind and move her to the gyg forum
@emm4nuella @erin11 @flowersinmyhair
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Hi! Welcome to the gyg forum, I hope you enjoy being here! Fellow gyg-er, and I do bio, chem and psychology, so similar to yours:smile:

Moved!

omg youve motivated me to do one
Hi, this is very motivating! Are you doing AS or A2?
Original post by AspiringSurvivor

I am in year 13 :hello:
Original post by thenonstudent
Hi, this is very motivating! Are you doing AS or A2?

Doing A2! Wishing you all the best of luck <3
︵‿︵‿୨ Weekend Study log ୧‿︵‿︵

Date: 23.03.24

Daily Hours: 07:40:09

Argument based on reason - Ontological argument

Biology: Communicable diseases and Biodiversity flashcards edited

Exam questions for Organic synthesis + Carbon / Proton NMR

:party::party:

Date: 24.03.24

Daily Hours: 04:18:10

To-Do List: Complete: Incomplete :cry:

Homework

Biology: Classification and Evolution flashcards partially edited

Accomplishments:

Tried to update my flashcards which are lacking (I am planning to whiz through and edit them so that the next two months can just be blurting and heavily exam-focused)

Completed AO2 and essay plans for Philosophy, yay me!

Reflection: Sunday was challenging for me, especially with Ramadan, but I learned from it. It's important to prioritise self-care, especially during fasting periods, to maintain energy and focus. I've set a goal to improve my routine going forward :wink:

Let's strive to be our best selves this week! Stay motivated and keep pushing forward. <3
(edited 1 month ago)

Homework

Accomplishments:

Tried to update my flashcards which are lacking (I am planning to whiz through and edit them so that the next two months can just be blurting and heavily exam-focused)

Reflection: Sunday was challenging for me, especially with Ramadan, but I learned from it. It's important to prioritise self-care, especially during fasting periods, to maintain energy and focus. I've set a goal to improve my routine going forward :wink:
Let's strive to be our best selves this week! Stay motivated and keep pushing forward. <3

Oo welldone for doing so much work!
Really agree with your reflection, hope you are managing well :smile:

Tagging some other gyg bloggers who might like you blog: @Tatakae L @milktee @study23! @kayleigh_t.27 @aamina.hs @wkstudy
(edited 1 month ago)
Hii

i have never ever related to anything more and throw adhd into the mix lmao

Homework

Accomplishments:

oHHH l love your bloggg, its so cutee. Well done on everything you ahve done this weekend, your amazzingggg.
Also thank you my love @AspiringSurvivor for tagging me, you are a star <33

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending