The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Do I still have a chance of getting an offer with BBB at AS?

I'm hoping to be predicted 3 As for my UCAS application since I was stupidly close to an A grade in all three subjects, but I was wondering if i have any chance still at all?

The course I want to apply to is Aeronautics and Astronautics which requires AAA at A2, but I've heard that they only take into consideration the actual AS grades and not the predictions. How accurate is this assumption? :eek3:
Not sure about that, there's nothing that says you HAVE to give them your AS grades. Don't be too sure of what you've heard, by all means contact them and see what they say
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Not sure about that particular course, but I got into mine predicted ABC when the actual offer was AAB.

It may be beneficial to ask someone who is doing/has done the same course or call the Uni itself. Hope I could be of service, sorry I couldn't give any more info.
Thanks guys I'll give them a call and see what they have to say
Reply 4
I have exactly the same problem, I'd be interested to know what they had to say? (if you've already phone them)
surely if you've not declared your AS grades you don't actually have any qualifications so you don't have to tell UCAS about them therefore all they're got to go on are your predicted grades.
Reply 6
I wouldn't worry too much at AS i got BCC and the minimum grades were AAB my teachers predicted me ABB and i got an offer and for my final A-level results I got AAB and got in. So don't worry too much just work hard to get the grades next year and as long as your teachers believe you can do better and predict you higher grades you have a chance of getting an offer :smile:
AliR1
I wouldn't worry too much at AS i got BCC and the minimum grades were AAB my teachers predicted me ABB and i got an offer and for my final A-level results I got AAB and got in. So don't worry too much just work hard to get the grades next year and as long as your teachers believe you can do better and predict you higher grades you have a chance of getting an offer :smile:

Ah that's wonderful, thanks a lot for letting me know :smile: I'll apply then.

pimpman, I couldn't get through to them, and they didn't reply to my email :frown: . I'll try again soon though.

Latest

Trending

Trending