The Student Room Group

Standard Chartered numerical tests

I applied for SC for a full-time analyst and I passed the logical reasoning test which I thought was tough..
But surprisingly I failed the numerical test which I thought was a breeze...I've done such tests before and it has never been a problem..
feeling confused...

anyone else who has already applied to Standard chartered and passed the numerical? Any idea what's the benchmark?

thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think your the only one with this problem. I know quite a few people who've had the same experience. They may not be recruiting full time grads...last year only one person outside the summer intern cycle was hired into their wholesale banking programme.

I suggest you try applying to their summer internship programme.
Reply 2
I dont think they are running an internship program this year, atleast I cant find it on their website
Reply 3
I thought they were...i cant find the link anywhere either.
Reply 4
netserpent
I thought they were...i cant find the link anywhere either.

Yea I tried googling and it gives a 404.
Reply 5
Just spoke to someone working at scb...theres no internships this year!
Reply 6
wow!
seems no grad roles either!
Reply 7
i passed logical reasoning but when i finished the numerical i got a message saying i failed. i thought i did quite well and was surprised. that was a week ago. yesterday i received a mail from the recruitment team saying that i did pass and there was simply a technical error within their system. so up to the next stage of talent assessment. no idea what sort of benchmark they got though
is that true? technical error?
i have also finished the numerical test but the system said that i failed.
i wish that i will get the same message as you.
any update/thoughts on this? i've just completed logical and numerical, pretty sure I got full marks in both (before i get slammed for saying this, im pretty good at logical and the numerical was a joke) but i also got a message saying my application was rejected immediately after... have e-mailed them for clarification.
I have heard Standard Chartered aren't recruiting this year, same story with most of the banks - I dont think its even a career worth considering anymore!
A career is only worth considering if you get in.
gareth326771
I have heard Standard Chartered aren't recruiting this year, same story with most of the banks - I dont think its even a career worth considering anymore!

really?who said that?
if Standard Chartered aren't recruiting, why do they make the advertisement for us to join in and do the test?
gareth326771
I have heard Standard Chartered aren't recruiting this year

im not sure this is true.
Reply 14
bkch
i passed logical reasoning but when i finished the numerical i got a message saying i failed. i thought i did quite well and was surprised. that was a week ago. yesterday i received a mail from the recruitment team saying that i did pass and there was simply a technical error within their system. so up to the next stage of talent assessment. no idea what sort of benchmark they got though

It seems that SC are currently more into recruiting people with an Asian and African origin who dont need a work permit to work in these regions.
Do you by any chance belong to one of these groups?

Trying to figure out their logic, i know of many people applying for UK but apparently failing their logical tests...
That's strange.
hazelground
It seems that SC are currently more into recruiting people with an Asian and African origin who dont need a work permit to work in these regions.
Do you by any chance belong to one of these groups?

Trying to figure out their logic, i know of many people applying for UK but apparently failing their logical tests...
That's strange.
God, I hate all this racism. Us, whites, have been discriminated througout the ages with no respite at all. I say enough is enough.
uthinkilltellu
God, I hate all this racism. Us, whites, have been discriminated througout the ages with no respite at all. I say enough is enough.

Just as long as you're not a straight male too. Otherwise you've had it!
hazelground

source?
netserpent
I don't think your the only one with this problem. I know quite a few people who've had the same experience. They may not be recruiting full time grads...last year only one person outside the summer intern cycle was hired into their wholesale banking programme.

I suggest you try applying to their summer internship programme.

Same ****. I would not say the logical was tough, but the time limits were. BTW, does anybody else think the tests (overall in IBs) are tougher this year?
Concerning SCB, I think they just give you a chance to pass the numerical no matter how you've scored on logical. And then...
Reply 19
ghostrider88
source?

came across their advertisement at my university - UK was not mentioned in the list...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending