The Student Room Group

Ebay FURY.

Let me cut this story short and perhaps someone could advise me what to do.

4 months ago I purchased a book on Elvis for a present and it took over 2 weeks to arrive. I waited until I got it, and, being generous left neutral feedback which went like

"took 2 weeks to deliever but worth the wait"

then, 4 MONTHS later I get this apathetic feedback left from the seller (a few days ago)

"no patience learn to respect peoples feedback"

TOTALLY unfair as I frequently emailed the seller over the months for feedback and suddenly I get this slamed at me just because I gave him a neutral. I was totally right in giving him neutral feedback as the item was a bday present and totally late! This is obviously another case of feedback tit-for-tat and I've emailed the company and all they can offer is mutual withdrawl which is totally unjust. Is there any way I can get the pointless feedback he left me, removed totally?

thanks
Reply 1
vinny221
Let me cut this story short and perhaps someone could advise me what to do.

4 months ago I purchased a book on Elvis for a present and it took over 2 weeks to arrive. I waited until I got it, and, being generous left neutral feedback which went like

"took 2 weeks to deliever but worth the wait"

then, 4 MONTHS later I get this apathetic feedback left from the seller (a few days ago)

TOTALLY unfair as I frequently emailed the seller over the months for feedback and suddenly I get this slamed at me just because I gave him a neutral. I was totally right in giving him neutral feedback as the item was a bday present and totally late! This is obviously another case of feedback tit-for-tat and I've emailed the company and all they can offer is mutual withdrawl which is totally unjust. Is there any way I can get the pointless feedback he left me, removed totally?

thanks

no.
Reply 2
you can leave a response to it.

i left a neutral on a company's one because they sent me the wrong adaptor with an mp3 player and they charged me extra for postage. they left me one saying i should have read the auction properly (it wasn't advertised) so i left a response. anyone who cares to read it can see what happened.

you could try complaining to ebay. or you could email them and ask for some compensation because it was late and they said it would be there within however many days.
Reply 3
It's also the fact it took him 4 months to send me feedback. He probably couldnt even remember the item and left it out of revenge or something as you can see from what he wrote

Reply 4
you can get ebay to withdraw them, if you go here it tells you about it. if they dont think its appropriate to remove it, go with the mutual withdrawal, if that was your only negative it will go back to 100% positive, which can only be a good thing, especially if you sell.

cheers
Reply 5
I would tell ebay
Reply 6
Leave a reply to that item briefly explaining the situation and how the seller is clearly in the wrong. Anyone looking at your feedback will instantly see what happened in that case, and will see the rest of your feedback as positive.
Reply 7
Sellers should be MADE to leave feedback BEFORE being allowed to see the buyer's address.
Reply 8
Why do you care? Just some bitter idiot on ebay?
Reply 9
JonnyB
Why do you care? Just some bitter idiot on ebay?

You're right but I just hate the way he gets away with something totally unfair. Reflects society on the whole.
Exactly, people are just selfish. Probably some ****ing pikie anyway.

At least it was just a neutral and not a negative? Just put it down to experience - I had a tit-for-tat negative rating and it's my only neg. I never bother to leave feedback for non paying bidders anymore because it's not worth getting more negatives.
Reply 11
do you know what else really pisses me off? most sellers dont leave u feedback till u leave them feedback.

now surely as soon as u pay them the money they shud give u feedback cz thats all u do on the buyers side. why do they need to wait for you to give them positive feedback before they do anything for u?

always seemed kind of the wrong way round imo..
mangomaz
now surely as soon as u pay them the money they shud give u feedback cz thats all u do on the buyers side. why do they need to wait for you to give them positive feedback before they do anything for u?

So that they can negatively rate you in revenge if you negatively rate them because the goods are crap.

I always rate my buyers as soon as I get payment. Oddly, I've had a buyer rate me before I even sent the goods out :confused: I still sent their stuff out though :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending