The Student Room Group

Help me look less bloody LANKY!!!!

Hey I have really long skinny legs and it gets me down because they make me look ridiculous!

I need your help!

Should I wear my jeans low (but obviously not as low as you see gangster rappers wearing their jeans) or should I wear my jeans up? Which will make me look less lanky?

Should I roll up the ends of my jeans- will this make me look less lanky?

Any tips for looking less lanky and covering up my beanpole legs?

Scroll to see replies

Go for decent quality straight leg and dark colour.
Reply 2
Also should I tuck shirts in when I go out clubbing or will this make me even more lanky?
If I tuck shirt should I wear the trousers low or properly tuck them in

THANKS TSR :smile:
Reply 3
Double Agent
Go for decent quality straight leg and dark colour.

Damn I've just bought really nice light jeans? How should I wear these dark jeans?
If light works for you then wear light, but as a tall guy ive always found slightly darker denim works best. I guess it depends what look you go for. Never wear same colour trousers and shirt, you need to break up the colours to make you appear more in proportion. Keep clothes fitted, probably best not to tuck your shirt in.
Reply 5
Instead of trying to 'cover up' your skinny legs and find workarounds to looking like a lamppost why don't you get access to some weights, do some squats and actually do something about your problem.
Wear shirts as fitted as possible, it sounds stupid but otherwise you'll look swamped
Reply 7
Bulk Up?

Thats surely the simple solution
Reply 8
mermania
Instead of trying to 'cover up' your skinny legs and find workarounds to looking like a lamppost why don't you get access to some weights, do some squats and actually do something about your problem.

The problem is more that they're so bloody long and out of proportion. Going to the gym wont help this.
Reply 9
Embrace the lankiness!

Im pretty lanky, and I when I go out I wear dark jeans and an untucked shirt.
Reply 10
White As Hay
The problem is more that they're so bloody long and out of proportion. Going to the gym wont help this.

Yes it will.
Reply 11
bourney
Embrace the lankiness!

Im pretty lanky, and I when I go out I wear dark jeans and an untucked shirt.

The problem is that makes my upper body look skinny so Im tall and skinny all over. GRR
Reply 12
Wow, you know what would make you look less skinny all over? Building muscle and not being skinny anymore! How about that??

Like I already said, the easiest way to solve your problem isn't to inadequately hide it by wearing certain types of clothes, it's to actually solve it and bulk up a bit.
Reply 13
mermania
Wow, you know what would make you look less skinny all over? Building muscle and not being skinny anymore! How about that??

Like I already said, the easiest way to solve your problem isn't to inadequately hide it by wearing certain types of clothes, it's to actually solve it and bulk up a bit.

Ye I'm trying to bulk up but it takes time. What should I do in the meantime?

Should I wear lots of layers to look built?
Reply 14
I would say that training with weights isn't necessarily going to help however I would avoid wearing vertical stripes and always make sure they you stand tall and straight and try to be more confident. I know of someone who is evidently taller than average and they are acutely aware of this so they hunch themselves over which looks terrible so don't do this.
Another factor to remember is that most people wold love to be tall (most people do not think of others as 'lanky') and some girls find height attractive in a guy.

Yeah I know that was a lot of text so basically try and be more confident, avoid vertical stripes and try not to focus on the percieved issue too much.

Hope this helps,

emzaz
Also you are probably not as lanky as you think
Wear a massive coat
Reply 16
dude embrace the lankyness. If you hate your legs that much join a gym and do squats, or if you can live with thin legs which im sure you can then chil out dude, there are millions of people in the world with much worse physical problems than being lanky.
Be happy dude
Don't wear baggy clothes, it makes you look worse. Get some tight jeans.
Reply 18
emzaz
I would say that training with weights isn't necessarily going to help however I would avoid wearing vertical stripes and always make sure they you stand tall and straight and try to be more confident. I know of someone who is evidently taller than average and they are acutely aware of this so they hunch themselves over which looks terrible so don't do this.
Another factor to remember is that most people wold love to be tall (most people do not think of others as 'lanky') and some girls find height attractive in a guy.

Yeah I know that was a lot of text so basically try and be more confident, avoid vertical stripes and try not to focus on the percieved issue too much.

Hope this helps,

emzaz
Also you are probably not as lanky as you think

Thanks a lot babe x
Reply 19
edit: actually, unless you're over like 6'5" it's not likely that you're too lanky :nah:

Quick Reply

Latest