The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
shoot when is it?
Reply 2
Nothing, as usual. It's a fake holiday.
Reply 3
Well, it's not fake, but it's hardly important.
i would like to send my dad a note explaiming how much of a useless idiot he is.
Reply 5
the 19th which is this sunday.
And yeh it is a commercial thing in a way, but its still worth the opportunity of doing something dont u think
Reply 6
...nothing. I hate things like that, especially mothers day.
Reply 7
ill still be at uni so nothing, prolly a phone call maybe..
Reply 8
DaveManUK
ill still be at uni so nothing, prolly a phone call maybe..

Thats if you remember
Reply 9
i have no idea. i dont usually do anything, i just get a present for them, but its hard picking presents for my dad.
I'm giving my dad a card and CD that my mum got me to give to him. Then I'm saying goodbye to him as he goes off to Spain on the 17th early in the morning with my mum. He won't be in the country for fathers day which I think he's going to love :cool: . I'm not going to bother phoneing up and saying happy fathers day on Sunday. Way to much money and they would kill me for the phone bill :rolleyes: .
Markus505
Thats if you remember

well ill remember now thanks to this thread
Reply 12
I've got my father a couple of CD's, some clothes, some chocolate and some tools. I expect we'll go out for dinner or lunch or something :smile:
Reply 13
Vixen
I've got my father a couple of CD's, some clothes, some chocolate and some tools. I expect we'll go out for dinner or lunch or something :smile:

Going out for dinner is the best part of fathers and mothers day, because the still pay for it.
Reply 14
Markus505
...nothing. I hate things like that, especially mothers day.

Uh, you wouldn't hate it if he were dead, would you?

-Kavanne
Kavanne
Uh, you wouldn't hate it if he were dead, would you?

-Kavanne

:rofl: sounds like corporate blackmail

He wouldn't be able to use his gift he was dead anyway...
Reply 16
Argh I'd completely forgotten about it! I need help people, I never have any idea what to get my dad, he never wants anything and he doesn't collect anything or have a particualr hobby... arrrgh! What do I get him?!?
Reply 17
i didnt know...oh dear *tries to think of something appropriate*
Reply 18
I dont know i'l get something on fri when i go shopping if i remember
Reply 19
My dad came home with a book for me to get him yesterday, which saved me a job. On saying that, I'm still going to have to buy him something to make it look like I've made an effort.

Mother's Day is so much easier, just give them breakfast in bed, clean the front room and they're happy for a week.

Latest

Trending

Trending