The Student Room Group

What residential category do I fall under?

I am a British citizen and have a British passport. I've been living in the UK until I was 16 years old and then had to move with my mum to the Netherlands for study. I have been living in the Netherlands for 4 years now and my father is still living in the UK as a UK national. I'm planning on coming back to the Netherlands to study in 2024. What residential category do I fall under as I also visit the UK regularly?
Original post by alisha120
I'm planning on coming back to the Netherlands to study in 2024.

You say 'coming back to the Netherlands' - do you mean to say you are returning to the UK from the Netherlands?
I am a British citizen and have a British passport. I've been living in the UK until I was 16 years old and then had to move with my mum to the Netherlands for study. I have been living in the Netherlands for 4 years now and my father is still living in the UK as a UK national. I'm planning on coming back to the Netherlands to study in 2024. What residential category do I fall under as I also visit the UK regularly?

Hi Alisha,

When are you looking to return to the UK? Thanks, Jason
Reply 3
I am a British citizen and have a British passport. I've been living in the UK until I was 16 years old and then had to move with my mum to the Netherlands for study. I have been living in the Netherlands for 4 years now and my father is still living in the UK as a UK national. I'm planning on coming back to the UK to study in 2024. I will be moving back to the UK in July 2024 What residential category do I fall under as I also visit the UK regularly?
I am a British citizen and have a British passport. I've been living in the UK until I was 16 years old and then had to move with my mum to the Netherlands for study. I have been living in the Netherlands for 4 years now and my father is still living in the UK as a UK national. I'm planning on coming back to the UK to study in 2024. I will be moving back to the UK in July 2024 What residential category do I fall under as I also visit the UK regularly?

Hi Alisha,

UK nationals are normally required to meet the 3 year residency period in the UK immediately prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course. However, as you have been living in the Netherlands you will still be eligible for support as a UK national as long as you are living in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of the course.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending