The Student Room Group

how can I move to a friend's house at 16

I checked and asked a lawyer and by law I can move out without consent, my friend's family is willing to take me in because my father is really toxic and narcissistic, i thought that I could hold on 2 more years until university but now i'm sick and tired. I don't know how I can actually pack all of my stuff and leave without being stopped by him. My mother (in another country) supports my decision.
Keep at least two copies of a signed letter from your mother giving you permission to live with your friend's family, keep one copy and give your friend the other.
If your father or any of his friends report you missing when you leave, you can send the police a copy and give them your mother's contact info so that they can confirm that she has agreed for you to move in with your friend's family.

Gradually remove as many small items belonging to you as you possibly can from your bedroom and hand them over to your friend to keep safe for you.
Make sure that you don't leave behind any of your important documents & photos, bank cards and photoid with you.

Carry a few things out with you every day that you are meeting up with your friend at school/college, the gym or work.
Above all, ensure that you take everything that is precious to you because your toxic father is very unlikely to ever give back anything of yours that he finds in the property after you have left.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
Keep at least two copies of a signed letter from your mother giving you permission to live with your friend's family, keep one copy and give your friend the other.
If your father or any of his friends report you missing when you leave, you can send the police a copy and give them your mother's contact info so that they can confirm that she has agreed for you to move in with your friend's family.

Gradually remove as many small items belonging to you as you possibly can from your bedroom and hand them over to your friend to keep safe for you.
Make sure that you don't leave behind any of your important documents & photos, bank cards and photoid with you.

Carry a few things out with you every day that you are meeting up with your friend at school/college, the gym or work.
Above all, ensure that you take everything that is precious to you because your toxic father is very unlikely to ever give back anything of yours that he finds in the property after you have left.
Good luck!

I wanted to leave on the condition that my father gets therapy ad the physical help that he needs since I am a young carer, I was planning on speaking to my doctor about it, unfortunately it will be quite hard to move everything without getting noticed that's why i must find a way to leave wit him knowing but without him stopping me. My mum's agreement won't count because she's in another country and has little authority over me at the moment due to that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending