The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Languages and Contemporary European Studies

Hey,

I'm thinking about studying Languages and Contemporary European Studies at Southampton. Before, I make my choices I just wanted to ask a few students who are on the course how it's going?

When I went to an open day the course seemed like it lacked structure and was a bit all-over-the-place.

Also when I came down, I didn't get to see the city centre. How is it? Are there many shops and are there many big clubs? Pubs are great but I really want some big clubs, not somewhere like Vodka Revs or Liquid haha.

Cheers x
Well, the university has about thirty language-related degrees in total, so it depends which languages you're studying. Is that a course that would involve geography/politics modules? I don't know myself, as there are so many combinations, and I only really know about a couple of them.

As for the city centre, we have four shopping centres, including a mahooooosive one called West Quay, and a ridiculous number of shops outside of these centres. As for going out, there are lots of good places to go, mainly of similar size to Revs, but we also have the UK's biggest Oceana, which is pretty ******* massive.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Latest

Trending

Trending