The Student Room Group

Requirements

What is the requirements for entrance for social work. And will I be notified if there are spaces in uni I don't apply to?
Original post by Kunleigh
What is the requirements for entrance for social work. And will I be notified if there are spaces in uni I don't apply to?

Hi there,

Typical requirements to join our BA (Hons) Social Work in September 2023 are120 UCAS Tariff points, plus GCSE English Language at Grade C or Grade 4 or above (or equivalent).

Although we do not look for any particular subjects, but it is desirable to have studied Psychology or Sociology.

Any paid or voluntary experience that can evidence the appropriate values and an understanding of the nature of social work in contemporary society will certainly strengthen your application. You can read the Social Work England Professional Standard here.

You should also recognise the perspective of people who use services, their families and carers and have a clear commitment to becoming a social worker.

You may find it helpful to speak with Laurey. She is a current Edge Hill student and is studying Nursing and Social Work.

Universities will likely not contact you if they have spaces left, but they will advertise available courses on their websites, so I encourage you to check their websites or contact them directly.

I hope this helps and best of luck with your future studies,

Melissa- Course Enquiries

Quick Reply

Latest