The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary’s or SOAS ???

I’m stuck between Queen Mary’s University London and SOAS for international relations and politics.
SOAS is not a Russell group uni unlike Queen Mary’s but is top ranking for my course.
Do I go for the Russel group brand or quality of education ?
SOAS, I'm afraid.

Better location, better rep and it's literally the reason the college exists.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Lilo77
I’m stuck between Queen Mary’s University London and SOAS for international relations and politics.
SOAS is not a Russell group uni unlike Queen Mary’s but is top ranking for my course.

Where did you end up going? and how is it so far?
Original post by Lilo77

Hey, it’s a really tough question and I remember being in the same situation a few years ago. I’m now my final year studying Arabic and International Relations at SOAS. I would recommend SOAS as the IR department is amazing, where the professors are experts in their field meaning they give you more detail and perspectives on contemporary world events outside of your course content. They also give you tailored support to help you in exams and assignments. The choice of modules are also great where you can challenge mainstream European perspectives and learn about the Middle East, the International Political Economy and International Conflicts, Rights and Justice to name just a few.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending