The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I still can't give rep out also, and I'm sure its been over 24 hours, yet the 24 hour things keeps coming up.
Reply 21
Sire
I still can't give rep out also, and I'm sure its been over 24 hours, yet the 24 hour things keeps coming up.

It seems to be doing the same thing for me, as well. How odd.
gemgems89
No.

Then I'm stumped without having a play on your PC in person.

Best suggestion would be to download a different browser (http://www.opera.com/download/ is free and very good) or re-install internet explorer
Reply 23
Sire

At least the 24 hour thing comes up with you. :eek:
Reply 24
Pencil Queen
Then I'm stumped without having a play on your PC in person.

Best suggestion would be to download a different browser (http://www.opera.com/download/ is free and very good) or re-install internet explorer

Hmm, I don't really want to change all the settings. I'll wait a few days and see how it goes. It has happened in the past but then it went :confused: but now I'm frustrated because I want to give out quite a bit of rep.
gemgems89
Hmm, I don't really want to change all the settings. I'll wait a few days and see how it goes. It has happened in the past but then it went :confused: but now I'm frustrated because I want to give out quite a bit of rep.

It's always the way - if you PM me a link to the post you want to rep I'll use up mine on it (unless it's one I hate :wink: )
Reply 26
Pencil Queen
It's always the way - if you PM me a link to the post you want to rep I'll use up mine on it (unless it's one I hate :wink: )

Lol, ok, thanks. I'll do it later, got to go for now.

Thanks for your help.
Reply 27
This really is strange. Mods, any news here?
Reply 28
I just tried mine and it worked.

(Actually, it didn't work the first time, but that was because I'd forgotten to log in... :rolleyes: )
Reply 29
Sire
This really is strange. Mods, any news here?

Yes ,I think we need some mod help.
Reply 30
gemgems89
Yes ,I think we need some mod help.

We certainly do. Perhaps they are getting sick of newbies asking perfectly normal newbie questions about rep
Reply 31
Sire
We certainly do. Perhaps they are getting sick of newbies asking perfectly normal newbie questions about rep

Perhaps, but they should be able to see that I ain't no 'newbie' and I'm not plainly asking "what does rep mean?" I have a computer problem.
Come on mods!
Reply 32
gemgems89
Perhaps, but they should be able to see that I ain't no 'newbie' and I'm not plainly asking "what does rep mean?" I have a computer problem.
Come on mods!

Have you tried to pm one of them, they may not have read any of this.
Reply 33
Infinity
Have you tried to pm one of them, they may not have read any of this.

I'll try now. :smile:
Reply 34
gemgems89
Come on mods!

I was thinking something malicious such as disabling the ability to give rep. Even if only done to certain members. *cough* The Way *cough*. Are there any members out there not affiliated with The Way suffering the same problem? Please speak up now
Reply 35
Sire
I was thinking something malicious such as disabling the ability to give rep. Even if only done to certain members. *cough* The Way *cough*. Are there any members out there not affiliated with The Way suffering the same problem? Please speak up now

I don't think that would be the reason. I give out for good reasons, not for the sake of it.
Anyway, nobody would speak up because too many people belong to The Way .
Reply 36
gemgems89
I don't think that would be the reason. I give out for good reasons, not for the sake of it.
Anyway, nobody would speak up because too many people belong to The Way .

I wasn't actually making a serious statement there, just theorising a possible explanation based on a few facts. I certainly hope it isn't the reason I can't give rep. That would be sad, and I'd lose respect for some of these mods.
Reply 37
Sire
I wasn't actually making a serious statement there, just theorising a possible explanation based on a few facts. I certainly hope it isn't the reason I can't give rep. That would be sad, and I'd lose respect for some of these mods.

Heh, I know it wasn't serious.

I know, but I don't think they would disable us from giving out rep, especially when one of the mods belongs to The Way.
gemgems89
Heh, I know it wasn't serious.

I know, but I don't think they would disable us from giving out rep, especially when one of the mods belongs to The Way.

Manwell fm Fawlty Towers

I know nothing !

Sorry folks. I'm not sure on this one. As far as I know, no one has disabled the rep system, and I'm not much of a techie person. Think Hayden is probably the better person to get hold of in this case.
Reply 39
This board needs fixing...

Latest

Trending

Trending