The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Dibs_anim
had an interview, for computing n I'm really worried, interview was ok but the competition for places is high!!

How competitive is Computing at Imperial?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
newman24x
How competitive is Computing at Imperial?

It is very competitive, I didn't get in, when i called up they said spaces where limited this year, I was predicted AAAB, but I guess it wasn't enough although my UMS was high!! goodluck
Dibs_anim
It is very competitive, I didn't get in, when i called up they said spaces where limited this year, I was predicted AAAB, but I guess it wasn't enough although my UMS was high!! goodluck

You realise the offer was A*AA? :confused:
Reply 23
econometric
You realise the offer was A*AA? :confused:

duh of course i do, my school wrote that i would get an A* in maths in my reference.
Dibs_anim
duh of course i do, my school wrote that i would get an A* in maths in my reference.

Then you wasn't predicted an A (as you said)...... 'duh'
Rejected, Physics.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised neither my friend nor I got in. Between us, we had 86/90 in IB... I'm really not sure what kinds of grades Imperial is expecting here. Ah well, not a big deal since I'm international anyway.
Reply 26
Is that with or without bonus points?
Reply 27
fakeplastictrees
Rejected, Physics.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised neither my friend nor I got in. Between us, we had 86/90 in IB... I'm really not sure what kinds of grades Imperial is expecting here. Ah well, not a big deal since I'm international anyway.

Holy **** :/

When it comes down to it I don't think they care about grades if you got 40+. At this point it's going to be personal reference/interview which determines your success. Still though I'm baffled as to how you did not get in.
Reply 28
ponjavic
Holy **** :/

When it comes down to it I don't think they care about grades if you got 40+. At this point it's going to be personal reference/interview which determines your success. Still though I'm baffled as to how you did not get in.

Talk about demoralized IB students...Imperial probably likes students who beat the holistic coverage of IB yet still master in a specific subject outside the curriculum. I have a predicted 42...hope it's enough for Impy mech :o:
Reply 29
Wicketer
Talk about demoralized IB students...Imperial probably likes students who beat the holistic coverage of IB yet still master in a specific subject outside the curriculum. I have a predicted 42...hope it's enough for Impy mech :o:

It is enough (and then some) but it won't get you in automatically as has been seen :frown:
i got rejected too for physics :'(
Original post by Batool. D
i got rejected too for physics :'(

When did you get the email may I ask?
Who do I email to ask about feedback after being rejected? :frown:
Reply 33
Original post by mariamsabry14
Who do I email to ask about feedback after being rejected? :frown:

what did you apply for?
Original post by Kits
what did you apply for?

biological sciences
Original post by mariamsabry14
biological sciences

email them.
But like don't email, if its obvious why you got rejected. Egs course entry requirement was A*AA and you predicted AAA
Original post by Rohan77642
email them.
But like don't email, if its obvious why you got rejected. Egs course entry requirement was A*AA and you predicted AAA

yeah i know but who am i emailing? just the admissions office?
Reply 37
Posting here preemptively. Interview went pretty horrific, surprised I got one anyway applying EIE with a comp sci statement.
Original post by Evitov
Posting here preemptively. Interview went pretty horrific, surprised I got one anyway applying EIE with a comp sci statement

For real?

What went down, that's making you so pessimistic?
Reply 39
Original post by Trapmoneybenny
For real?

What went down, that's making you so pessimistic?

I got a riddle involving three lightbulbs which I had no idea about. Got grilled as to why EIE and not computing. I came out of it and the current students doing the tour said that my interviewer scares them.

Latest

Trending

Trending