The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
dark knight
Reply 2
Terminator 2. Save for Heath Ledger's Joker, The Dark Knight is a mediocre film that uses its comic-book heritage to excuse forgettable acting, cardboard character-development and a lacklustre plot.
Reply 3
Poll is up. Just for fun.
Reply 4
yea heath ledger is the actor which made dark knight such a gud movie i think
Reply 5
dark knight is a cracking film!

but i've gotta go for T2, it's just a classic through and through
T2 all the way.

I liked the dark night, and i've been a huge batman fan since I was teeny but it wasn't a particularly memorable film and nowhere near as good as batman begins imo, whereas t2 was waaaay better than terminator and one of my favourite films full stop.
Reply 7
Profesh
Terminator 2. Save for Heath Ledger's Joker, The Dark Knight is a mediocre film that uses its comic-book heritage to excuse forgettable acting, cardboard character-development and a lacklustre plot.

That's kinda my view too. I did enjoy TDK, probably an 8/10, but I'm not sure it has the lasting appeal or longevity (i.e will it be remembered? and to what extent will it be remembered only for the lead actor's death?) as T2. T2 is 20 years old, had revolutionary special effects and is the ultimate sci-fi action film imo.
T2 is an all time classic. However I think The Joker alone > T2 > Dark Knight. The Joker's character just totally transformed the movie to an otherwise good but not outstanding movie.

Heath's acting was just mindblowing, he brought the character to life, to a point where it captivated the audience and even got fans dressing like him, doing the make up, doing impressions and going on an absolute craze. He made it so good in fact that it actually made the concept of evil/villian better than the good guy.
T2 will always win over TDK (which is a very good movie)
Reply 10
TDK is probably the most overrated movie of the decade. Well, that and Twilight.
I adore both films but Terminator 2 has always been up there for me, forgetting the thumb part...

:p:
Made me sad to have to choose, but it has to be T2.
The Dark Knight for me. I rewatched T2 a year ago and nostalgia aside I didn't think it had aged too well.
Reply 14
Profesh

:top:
Reply 15
Profesh

HAHA! I personally thought 'Arnie' was synonymous with 'forgettable acting'. Having said that, T2 is a great film..
Reply 16
Phalanges
The Dark Knight for me. I rewatched T2 a year ago and nostalgia aside I didn't think it had aged too well.

How has it aged? Explain thyself. The CGI looks dated? The early 90's setting?... what are you on about?

I don't think many people will still be watching TDK in 20 years from now.
Obviously Terminator 2....avatar people haha!

EDIT yes I know the avatar is from the first Terminator...
Reply 18
The Dark Knight! :yes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
The Dark Knight.

Latest