The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Flukey
yes very good point :smile: :smile:

Yes, very true.
It's appauling that things like this happen on a daily basis in Iraq...
zaf1986
The city has been affected - stock markets have gone down in london.

..but are expected to rcover quickly, as is the pound.
twiga
Maybe it was a suicide bomber on their way to one of the other stations and they let it off accidently?

I posted that earlier but it got deleted for speculation
Reply 1443
Flukey
yes very good point :smile: :smile:

While it's not in your country you can shut it out, almost believe that it'll never happen, but when it does then it brings home the reality of the threats innocent Iraqui citizens face every day and it's scary, a really scary thought :frown:
Reply 1444
SW
I thought this wasn't the time or place for SPECULATION?? :mad:

I wish people would concentrate on the fact that people DIED today rather than making up stupid theories!!

Yes sw, i completely agree with you. This day is going down in history as a tragedy, and my sympathy goes out :frown:
Reply 1445
twiga
While it's not in your country you can shut it out, almost believe that it'll never happen, but when it does then it brings home the reality of the threats innocent Iraqui citizens face every day and it's scary, a really scary thought :frown:

yeah i see what you mean, but i definitely didn't shut out the 911 attacks!! :frown: :frown: :frown:
sarforaz
and now we see how people in iraq feel like every day...

Indeed,ppl dnt care wen others go thru this every day...but wen it happens to us, its a major thing...!maybe now ppl will be more open minded and more understanding about wat is happening in Iraq...

i completely condemn the attacks and my heart goes out to the family n friends of those who are injured.
Reply 1447
Miles
symbolic perhaps? heart of the financial district and a station right opposite paddington green police station, where terror suspects are held.

The City was surprisingly untouched (with the exception of the Stock Exchange - I'm guessing al-Qaeda have lost a small fortune...).

This is about disruption - else they would have detonated an hour earlier and caused one hell of a loss of life...
Reply 1448
SW

I wish people would concentrate on the fact that people DIED today rather than making up stupid theories!!

Sorry, I've just deleated my post :frown:
i think this thread goes a long way on how alert british youth is... im impressed with the 1400+ posts in just a few hours.. gogogo! condemn this terror attack..
SW

Its inevitable people are going to discuss these things.

People die in Iraq as a result of similar types of blasts on a daily basis, but I've never seen you or anyone else criticise anyone discussing things regarding the Iraqi problem because someone died that day.
Reply 1451
Flukey
yeah i see what you mean, but i definitely didn't shut out the 911 attacks!! :frown: :frown: :frown:

Something huge like that you can't ignore, but now you almost expect there to be news of a suicide bombing in Iraq reported every day :frown: :frown:
Reply 1452
Fluffy
The City was surprisingly untouched (with the exception of the Stock Exchange - I'm guessing al-Qaeda have lost a small fortune...).

This is about disruption - else they would have detonated an hour earlier and caused one hell of a loss of life...

Have you managed to get home yet?
Reply 1453
finnstar
i think this thread goes a long way on how alert british youth is... im impressed with the 1400+ posts in just a few hours.. gogogo! condemn this terror attack..

As a Brit, i thank you for your compliment :smile: and yes gogogo us! our support is as big now as it was on America's 911 attack.
Reply 1454
twiga
Something huge like that you can't ignore, but now you almost expect there to be news of a suicide bombing in Iraq reported every day :frown: :frown:

yes i agree. I feel for anyone who is harmed by any type of terrorist attack :frown: :frown: :frown:
My sympathy goes out to those involved, their friends and family and the emergency services who were increadibly brave, I don't know if I'd be able to do it.
I'd also like to add, did anyone find some of the coverage a little too graphic this morning, I understand they want viewers to be informed but is filiming casulties getting out of an ambulance really nessecary? I found this coverage irresponsible and unfair on the casulties.
Reply 1456
Flukey

I don't think anyone really shut out the horros of 9/11 or the Madrid attacks. I think it was always in the back of our minds and with the terror alerts and arrests, I think we were always, as horrible as it may sound, expecting an attack. A lot of analysts have been saying with London it's always been a matter of when, and not if terrorists will strike.
Reply 1457
Just heard unconfirmed reports the BBC headquarters was evacuated earlier, anyone know if that's the case?
Reply 1458
Miles
Have you managed to get home yet?

Just got in (this is a clone of a message I just posted elsewhere, but can't see the point of re-phrasing it):

I'm just devestated. We're still missing people - we had taken a certain amount of comfort in reports that people were still trapped on tubes underground. But how long can someone cope for on a Victorian tube system with inadequate ventilation? My god in 30 mins on a stalled train on the Central Line temperatures had reached 110 degrees F a week back.

I'm now at home watching TV and realising that most of the dead are those on trains trapped...

I just pray to God that people either died quickly or make it back to loved ones.

I'm also offended by the reports on TV that our emergency services were overstretched. From what I can see, they did - and are still doing an amazing job. AS sad and horrific this whole event is, at least there are people out their who really care.
PadFoot90
Just heard unconfirmed reports the BBC headquarters was evacuated earlier, anyone know if that's the case?

Yeah I was listening to BBC Radio 4 I think it was and the woman said 'we apologise that we cannot bring you the news due to an emergency at the BBC' and it went onto automatic music

Latest

Trending

Trending