The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Do chemistry, I have just applied for psychology at uni with maths, Psychology, german and spanish. Which was alright as i had maths and pschology but most unis prefer it if you have science subjects and you are more likely to get a lower offer.
Reply 101
Psychology, biology & maths :smile:
& keep graphics if you like it and are going to do well (:
Unis want science subjects- Warwick offered me BBB instead of AAB because I do science :biggrin:
Reply 102
tigerlucy
Psychology, biology & maths :smile:
& keep graphics if you like it and are going to do well (:
Unis want science subjects- Warwick offered me BBB instead of AAB because I do science :biggrin:

I'm doing Biology, definitely.

Ooh, well done :biggrin: But they probably won't do that when my time comes because everyone would probably have at least a science A Level.
Reply 103
Evanesyne
I'm doing Biology, definitely.

Ooh, well done :biggrin: But they probably won't do that when my time comes because everyone would probably have at least a science A Level.

Newcastles policy is to drop an A to a B for every science.
I did psychology, eng language, music & history..
which is a really weird combination
and i still got on a course :P
Reply 105
DMV
Newcastles policy is to drop an A to a B for every science.

:eek: Wow. So if you have all three sciences....?
Reply 106
Evanesyne
:eek: Wow. So if you have all three sciences....?

Possibly, you'd have to look though. :smile:
Reply 107
AAB/BBB including at least one A level from a subject with a substantial science or mathematics component including Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Psychology, Chemistry, Statistics, or Economics. Offer levels depend on the number of science/mathematics A levels a candidate offers. Standard offers are: 1 science/mathematics A level, AAB 2 science/mathematics A levels, ABB 3 or more science/mathematics A levels, BBB. General Studies is accepted. GCSE Mathematics plus a science (both at a minimum grade B) are required. Two AS levels (or one AS Double Award) will not be considered in the place of one A level.

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/course/C800/entrance-requirements
Reply 108

Ahhh :yep: But I think most of the unis don't follow that policy though.
Reply 109
Evanesyne
Ahhh :yep: But I think most of the unis don't follow that policy though.

I was just pointng out Newcastles policy, one I know. :p:

Latest