The Student Room Group

picking a course for Uni

Is a bachelor's degree in psychology and business management worth it, or should I just stick to other commerce courses?

In general, is a bachelor's in psychology harder than A-level biology and chemistry
It depends on what you want to do after your degree and what you want to study! If you're much more interested in the business management bit, then probably something not involving Psychology will be better for you. But if you'd really like to study a bit of Psychology and think that you can put psychology to good use on your business skills, or if you fancy marketing, then... go for it.

A psychology degree will be harder than any A-Level. Any degree is harder than A-Level!
Original post by kelvinklein
Is a bachelor's degree in psychology and business management worth it, or should I just stick to other commerce courses?

In general, is a bachelor's in psychology harder than A-level biology and chemistry

Hi @kelvinklein,

Are you thinking about going to university next September?

Picking a degree that you will enjoy definitely helps as you will feel more motivated to study. If you pick a degree that you're not entirely happy with and only doing it for the career afterwards (which may not even be guaranteed) then it becomes very difficult to engage in your course I would say. I would recommend having a think about what you enjoy but also what kind of jobs you see yourself doing/enjoying and go from there!

I can't speak about A-level biology or chemistry as I have not studied those subjects but I am currently doing an undergraduate degree in Psychology. I will be going into my final year in the next few weeks so I am happy to answer any questions you might have. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 3
Hi Alia, thank you for the support and I wish you all the very best with your last year
I've been a science student all my life and then despite that, I couldn't score well in my A-levels
Now that I'm trying to pick a course to study I don't know what I want to do
Initially, I thought of pursuing a career in health sciences but the university where I live isn't nice and since I didn't get good A-level grades I no longer qualify to apply there
So confused because I don't know myself, will I be able to do Psychology, is it hard, I've never done it in school, does that make it worse
Reply 4
Original post by University of Kent
Hi @kelvinklein,

Are you thinking about going to university next September?

Picking a degree that you will enjoy definitely helps as you will feel more motivated to study. If you pick a degree that you're not entirely happy with and only doing it for the career afterwards (which may not even be guaranteed) then it becomes very difficult to engage in your course I would say. I would recommend having a think about what you enjoy but also what kind of jobs you see yourself doing/enjoying and go from there!

I can't speak about A-level biology or chemistry as I have not studied those subjects but I am currently doing an undergraduate degree in Psychology. I will be going into my final year in the next few weeks so I am happy to answer any questions you might have. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

What is the course like and what a levels did u do ?
Reply 5
Original post by agyeiliz07
What is the course like and what a levels did u do ?

I have done AS in Chem and Bio
And completed the A level Bio

Quick Reply

Latest