The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How hard was that exam!!! :P Damn, Q7 and Q8 grrrrrr @ AQA!
The mother of all substitution questions lol. I thought from Q1 it wouldn't be a pleasant paper and when I reached 7/8 that was confirmed!!!
Ian80
What did everyone get q as for 7b?
It was the one about d^2y/dx^2 :smile:

I got 16
d2y/dx2 4 + 4Tan^24X = dy/dx 4Tan^24X

u = 4x v = Tan u y = 4V^2
du/dx = 4 dy/du = (from previous question) 4 + 4Tan^24X dy/dv = 8V

so dy/dx = 4 x 8V x (4+4Tan^24X). = 32Tan4X(4+4Tan^24X)
so taking 4 out as a factor from that bracket : 128Tan4X(1+Tan^4X) = d2y/dx2 = 128y(1+y^2)

apologies for lack of latex.
Reply 104
Damn, that's nothing like what I put lol
Reply 105
When I saw Q1 I knew it was going to be a hard paper...7B I got stuck on the most... Q8 was ok...got osmething like 1/16[normal eqns + normal eqns + lnu + c]
That question sucked! And it was like 5 marks right?
I hope a get some method marks, even though I ended up as q=8 which is obviously wrong then :frown:
Reply 107
It was a weird paper... what did everyone get for 7b?
And 8b I got 1/8(something?
Reply 108
i couldnt do q1 then was ok for a bit then well down hill what did u all do for the cot^2=11-cosec or something like that the 6 marker i couldnt solve it to start with :frown:
'Vikki
']It was a weird paper... what did everyone get for 7b?

I got 1/8 something too for 8b
BlondieNC
i couldnt do q1 then was ok for a bit then well down hill what did u all do for the cot^2=11-cosec or something like that the 6 marker i couldnt solve it to start with :frown:

I replaced cot^2 with (cosec -1) I think :smile:
Reply 111
'Vikki
']It was a weird paper... what did everyone get for 7b?

I got 1/8 or 1/16 ? I could tell it was right because I checked every detail... I got a 1/8 I think on the outside bracket and then multiplyed the bracket...
Do you think they'll put the grade boundaries down?
Reply 113
student92
Do you think they'll put the grade boundaries down?

Probably... what did you get for 7b as q?
'Vikki
']Probably... what did you get for 7b as q?

did that completely wrong. For 7a) got P=4
Then 7b) I couldnt differentiate it again, totally went wrong. :s-smilie:
Reply 115
Oh right fair enough, I just wanna know if anyone else got q=32 as I haven't seen anyone with that yet...
'Vikki
']Oh right fair enough, I just wanna know if anyone else got q=32 as I haven't seen anyone with that yet...

I feel so depressed, gonna do rubbish
Reply 117
it was 32y(1+y^2)

4(1 + tan^2 4x)
4 + 4(tan4x * tan4x)
dy/dx = 4(4tan4x sec^2 4x) *2
= 32tan4x sec^2 4x
= 32tan4x(1 + tan^2 4x)

although i left it as 32tan4x(1 + tan^2 4x)

hope thats enough...
Reply 118
AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah what an annoying question 7. The first part was okay, p = 4 anyone?

Then the second part? How were we supposed to figure it out. Some people extended the chain rule as previously posted but I know someone who did product rule since tan^2 4x = tan4x x tan4x then used the answers from part a.

I hope they remove that question or lower the grade boundaries which is unlikely. So thats 5 marks lost really.........that inly gives me a 2 mark comfort for the other 70 marks to get 90%, not very nice...
I agree that was a bitch of a paper, i hated 7B. and 8B wasnt nice either. I got Q= 32 on 7b so im glad to see a couple of others who got that :smile: . and I got something over 16 on 8B.

Latest

Trending

Trending