The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I also forgot to mention something else about UGA. It has the largest Young Republicans chapter in the country. Ergo, UGA is quite conservative.
Reply 21
I'm from Ottawa and also did my undergrad at Carleton.

Ottawa is a little big city. It's a government and student town (national capital, two major universities, and several colleges). It's quiet compared to Toronto and Montreal. You say Toronto is "close", and, for Canada, it is, but that's still a 5 hour drive south. Montreal is two hours east.

Carleton is a nice campus, though not architecturally stunning. It's situated on its own land next to the Rideau River. It's definitely not a big university. Nice size I always thought.

-25 is probably around the average, but that can quite easil get below 30, or even 40, with the wind. That's deadly... literally.
What's up with all this UGA bashing? Plenty of other US colleges have the same negative attributes.
AliciaJ703
What's up with all this UGA bashing? Plenty of other US colleges have the same negative attributes.

I'm saying, that sounds like a pretty good general description of the elite college football teams: southern, lots of drinking, football mania. That's not necessarily a bad thing?
KiiNGofLONDON
I'm saying, that sounds like a pretty good general description of the elite college football teams: southern, lots of drinking, football mania. That's not necessarily a bad thing?

I guess :woo:
Reply 25
KiiNGofLONDON

Since when are all or even most of the elite football teams southern?

Most of the football powerhouses are actually not in the South -- USC, Michigan, Cal, Notre Dame, Pitt, Ohio State, UT Austin, etc.
AliciaJ703

Because it's in Georgia. Also, no one else has the largest Young Republicans club.
Baltimoron
Because it's in Georgia. Also, no one else has the largest Young Republicans club.

Don't hate on my state. :p: Plenty of young Republicans in the US excluding myself, not just exclusive to UGA. Are you afraid of the Deep South? :wink:
devil09
Since when are all or even most of the elite football teams southern?

Most of the football powerhouses are actually not in the South -- USC, Michigan, Cal, Notre Dame, Pitt, Ohio State, UT Austin, etc.

Last I checked football power houses were Texas, Florida, Alabama, LSU etc.
Lord_Farquad
Last I checked football power houses were Texas, Florida, Alabama, LSU etc.

Danke.
KiiNGofLONDON
Danke.

Das ist sehr gut ja.
AliciaJ703
Don't hate on my state. :p: Plenty of young Republicans in the US excluding myself, not just exclusive to UGA. Are you afraid of the Deep South? :wink:

Yes, I am afraid of the Deep South. Been there a couple times. Didn't appreciate the racism I experienced (I come from a bi-racial family) or the in-your-face Christianity. I wish we could get Sherman back to make Georgia howl.
AliciaJ703
UGA in Athens is a student town meaning the city highly caters to a student atmosphere, which I think is a good thing. The campus is very beautiful and the GA bulldogs reign supreme :smile:. Academically, UGA is very good.

Booo GA Bulldogs. GO FLORIDA GATORS.
Baltimoron
Yes, I am afraid of the Deep South. Been there a couple times. Didn't appreciate the racism I experienced (I come from a bi-racial family) or the in-your-face Christianity. I wish we could get Sherman back to make Georgia howl.

Love your screen-name!

Baltimoron
Saying that NC is the best state in the South is like saying you're the tallest midget.

I don't get why people want to go the South. It is the stereotypical part of America (fat, religious freaks, guns, etc.). Yes, it has sunshine and warmth, but that is about it. I'm sorry but the South is the most ass backwards part of this country. The South lags FAR behind every other part of the country in almost every single quality of life statistic.

You see good and bad people everywhere. I'm sure it's the same in Baltimore. The quality of life is pretty similar if you stay in the urban areas too. I'm sure if you went to rural Vermont, it'd be similar to rural North Florida.
In terms of state schools,
UC system is the top
UNC, Michigan, Penn State, Georgia Tech are all good too.

I go to Florida, which is pretty good, but definitely not among the top 5 of public schools.
Reply 35
rocksandfossils
UC system is the top
UNC, Michigan, Penn State, Georgia Tech are all good too.

I beg to differ. Berkeley - not the entire UC system - is top. Some of the UCs, such as poor UC Merced, are quite weak compared to other publics.

It goes:

Berkeley
Michigan
UCLA/UNC/UVA
UT Austin/Wisconsin/UCSD
Other publics

Latest

Trending

Trending