The Student Room Group

Is it a eating disorder?

Every time I eat something I get sick. I feel like I have to throw up or my stomach hurts extremely bad. It doesn't matter about the size of the portion because I'll get sick if it's big or small. It's at the point where I'm losing weight. I'm 5'2" and 15 years old. I lost 5 pounds in the span of ONE MONTH. I need help. Please. I weigh 109 lbs. After losing the weight.
(edited 1 month ago)
Go to a doctor about this, not internet randos.
Original post by StriderHort
Go to a doctor about this, not internet randos.
I'm trying to get into a GI office. But unfortunately they're booked until June. I was kinda hoping a med student or even a real doctor would read this post.
Original post by BabygirlFaye
I'm trying to get into a GI office. But unfortunately they're booked until June. I was kinda hoping a med student or even a real doctor would read this post.

I'm neither, but this sounds like the sort of thing that needs referrals and tests, I don't think a doctor would be willing to speculate.

(Where the hell do you live that you need to wait 4 months for a doctor? 😲 )
Original post by StriderHort
I'm neither, but this sounds like the sort of thing that needs referrals and tests, I don't think a doctor would be willing to speculate.

(Where the hell do you live that you need to wait 4 months for a doctor? 😲 )
Sadly in the US.... I moved from Florida to North Carolina so a lot of stuff had to be transferred over and its hell sadly.
Reply 5
Are your parents aware of what is happening?

Can't you go to an emergency room?
I think this sounds more like a medical condition rather than eating disorder as you are getting physical pain and eating can make you throw up rather than it being intrusive thoughts causing this
Definetly speak to a medical professional

Quick Reply

Latest