Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz101)
    Seems like mobile phones would be a good alternative
    It certainly seems that way. But then I wonder what patients would think - a bleep going off and interrupting a consultation is annoying enough, but imagine if your doctor had to stop to answer their mobile - I bet they wouldn't necessarily realise it was work-related!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz101)
    Why don't hospitals use walkie talkies? Surely they're better than pagers.
    Apparently its all mobile phones nowadays anyway, sorry to burst your innovation bubble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I always take the batteries out of mine and leave it at work. I'm not sure how far their range is, but I don't want to find out in the middle of the night!
    Ours is at least 12 miles! Mine goes off at home sometimes... :giggle:

I'd really rather not have a mobile phone & heat up/irradiate my head the amount of times I spent on the phone answering bleeps. Occupational health ahoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I always take the batteries out of mine and leave it at work. I'm not sure how far their range is, but I don't want to find out in the middle of the night!
    One of the docs got a bleep at the South Bank when their job was at Newham! :ninja:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.