The Student Room Group

interview accounting and finance

do universities do interviews for accounting and finance and also what work experience do i need
Reply 1
They almost never interview as part of decision making. None require work experience.
Original post by ajj2000
They almost never interview as part of decision making. None require work experience.

oh ok thank youuu
Original post by ajj2000

if you dont mind me asking do you do accounting or anything related
Reply 4
Original post by ashhhhhyyyyyyyyy
if you dont mind me asking do you do accounting or anything related

Im a chartered accountant - interview/ recruit graduates.
Original post by ajj2000
Im a chartered accountant - interview/ recruit graduates.

oh right thats amazing…plz can you tell me how to make my personal statement better as I barely have anything like what were the things that you did
Original post by ajj2000

u said they dont require work experience i was gonna do 60 hrs volunteering in hospital do u think its still worth doing or not
Reply 7
Original post by ajj2000

I would disagree about the work experience - for those universities which read personal statements, it will be beneficial if you have one or more work experiences in a finance related area
Reply 8
Original post by dunnott
I would disagree about the work experience - for those universities which read personal statements, it will be beneficial if you have one or more work experiences in a finance related area

I’m not sure which are competitive enough for it to matter? LSE maybe will factor it in. Perhaps some Scottish universities for Scottish applicants?
Reply 9
Original post by ajj2000
I’m not sure which are competitive enough for it to matter? LSE maybe will factor it in. Perhaps some Scottish universities for Scottish applicants?

Durham, Edinburgh, Warwick, Exeter - all rejected plenty of UK applicants with higher than typical offer grades this year.
Durham, for example, only take 25% UK vs 75% non UK applicants for their A&F course, so anything you can do to stand out the better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending