The Student Room Group
Mehanics its easier!!!
Stats. By far.

It goes:

Decision>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stats>>>>>>Mech

I find stats really easy though and mechanics difficult. Mechanics is the only branch of maths atm I find difficult. Although, I've heard from people you need to *get* mechanics then it becomes easier.
hi
how to do it???
whats the answer to this question??
There a light house at (Ai+ Bj) a ship with positotion vector is ((Ci +Dj)+(Ei +Fj)t) is 10 km away how to calculate t??
It really depends how you work but i personally found stats boring but much more straight forward...
I struggled with a fair few of the concepts in mechanics... whereas found that stats involved a lot of just plugging numbers into formulae.
Reply 5
OK its basically like this. You want an easy grade trust me Stats is about a million times easier than mechanics. Seriously. For mechanics you need to put tremendous ammount of time into it and with the recent examiner in charge they're much more harder. Definately pick S1, you won't regret it (Albeit might find it boring).
Reply 6
RollerBall
Stats. By far.

It goes:

This is what most people say, and the universities know this. If you're planning on doing maths at uni, pick more mechanics options.

I find mechanics a lot more interesting than the others as well.In mechanics its more about understanding how to do it. In decision (D1 anyway) its just about remembering lots of algorithms/definitions.
Reply 7
I remember reading on UCAS course search that Oxford gave preference to students with mechanics on some of their courses... Anyway S1 is easier than M1 apparently, I did M1 for AS and will be taking S1 for A2 :p:
Reply 8
im not that great at maths but even i could do stats, whereas mechanics.... ha, im finding it so hard.
although if you do physics you'll probably find mechanics pretty easy and stats really boring.
Reply 9
I'm inclined to believe that Statistics is easier than mechanics...
Reply 10
Statistics is much easier compared to Mechanics...
Reply 11
Stats is far easier than mechanics. Period.
STATS, if you have a calculator your brain can sit and relax :biggrin:
Reply 13
I'd say it's:

Decisions (free marks yo) > Stats 1-2 > Mechanics 1 > Stats 3 > Mechanics 2

Out of the ones i did. Stats 3 is pretty easy aswell but M1 was easier. Mechanics 2 i actually found one of the trickiest modules in maths/further maths...or atleast the exam we got.
Reply 14
MECHANICS. Stats is just so plain dull and maybe I was just taught it badly (and mech well) but I find it WAY harder than both M1 and M2.
Reply 15
Depends what kind of person you are. Lots of people hate stats, but find it easier than mechanics. If you're a physics kinda person, then mechanics. I don't find stats too bad though - you just need to practice. There is much more understanding needed in mechanics though, as someone has already pointed out.
m1 and m2 are both pretty easy once you 'get it' as mentioned earlier
s1 is plugging numbers and relatively boring but s2 seems more interesting and more involved
m3 is rock hard!
Mechanics makes sense, it is the best part of maths... it's logical! DO THAT! (though it's all up to personal taste really)
Reply 18
RollerBall
Stats. By far.

It goes:

I find stats really easy though and mechanics difficult. Mechanics is the only branch of maths atm I find difficult. Although, I've heard from people you need to *get* mechanics then it becomes easier.

Ah yes.. the M1 epiphany :rolleyes:

Latest