The Student Room Group

Investment Banking

Hi,

I want to do investment banking for my future job. I am applying to sixth form and have selected economics, maths. For the third subject I should select further mathematics. However, there are three further mathematics options : further mathematics, further mathematics pure and further mathematics applied. I am unsure of which further mathematics to choose.
Does anyone know which subject to select for investment banking?

Thanks,
Sonix2080
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by SONIX2080
Hi,

I want to do investment banking for my future job. I am applying to sixth form and have selected economics, maths. For the third subject I should select further mathematics. However, there are three further mathematics options : further mathematics, further mathematics pure and further mathematics applied. I am unsure of which further mathematics to choose.
Does anyone know which subject to select for investment banking?

Thanks,
Sonix2080

Choose Maths, Further Maths and Economics, but you will need to achieve A star, A star and A in them for Cambridge and LSE and A*AA for UCL.

For Further Maths alot of people do Further Mechanics 1 and Further Decision 1 or Further Mechanics 1 and Further Pure 1 or Further Mechanics 1 and Further Statistics 1. Do which one will achieve you an A* grade(s).
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by thegeek888
Choose Maths, Further Maths and Economics, but you will need to achieve A star, A star and A in them for Cambridge and LSE and A*AA for UCL.

For Further Maths alot of people do Further Mechanics 1 and Further Decision 1 or Further Mechanics 1 and Further Pure 1 or Further Mechanics 1 and Further Statistics 1. Do which one will achieve you an A* grade(s).
Thank you
I appreciate the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest