The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Average of 90 UMS out of all six modules i.e. AS and A2.
Reply 2
No you need an average of 90% in C3 and C4 and an average of 80% over all 6 modules
Reply 3
Shawshank is misinformed

Its 80% overall for all modules, and 90% AGGREGATE from C3 and C4
Reply 4
Hmm... it seems I have been mislead.
You sure :s im hearing different answers from teachers, friends etc
:frown: I really hope its 80% overall but 90% A2
Anyone here doing C3 next week (20th)....i need to get A*
Reply 6
OrangeStu
Shawshank is misinformed

Its 80% overall for all modules, and 90% AGGREGATE from C3 and C4

This
Thanks...if only i could rep you all at once :smile:
Reply 8
got drunk alot
Reply 9
It is a normal A (80% UMS) with the AVERAGE of C3 and C4 as 90%. This is from a few examiners websites.
Reply 10
I heard 90% C3 and 4 average and 80% overall. For A* further maths I think it's 90% average in FP2 and a few other A2 modules, like M2, M3 and S2 or something, with 80% AS further. I think.
Reply 11
For FM, its 90% average in your 3 modules you pick as the A-level ones. Which has to include one of FP2/3/4.
Reply 12
Thanks to whoever gave me negative rep for having been told the wrong thing. Cool story bro :woo:
Reply 13
90% or above in A2 modules (including 80% in AS modules)
Reply 14
Rubgish
For FM, its 90% average in your 3 modules you pick as the A-level ones. Which has to include one of FP2/3/4.

you don't actually choose which modules go where. they just find the best possible grade for normal maths, give you that grade with the lowest possible number of marks and bung the other six modules together for FM. out of those six, if the three highest average 90%+, you get an A*
Reply 15
Starts with an S and ends in a Y...

Spoiler

Pheylan
you don't actually choose which modules go where. they just find the best possible grade for normal maths, give you that grade with the lowest possible number of marks and bung the other six modules together for FM. out of those six, if the three highest average 90%+, you get an A*

Not quite, the three which are above 90% must be A2 modules, rather than AS i.e. FP4,FP2, M2 etc..., for you to get a A* in further maths.
Reply 17
80% average across all six modules; this does not have to be 240 in AS, 240 in A2, it can be like 235 in AS, 245 in A2 or greater.

90% average across C3 and C4; this doesn't have to be 90 and 90, can be 91 and 89 or 99 and 81 or greater.

Resits are permitted; atleast I think so, somebody may want to confirm this final point.

:smile:
Reply 18
So if I can get 90% C3 C4 (maths) FP2 (maybe FP3 if they decide to teach it this term) M2 S2 M3 (FM)....I think that's all the A2 modules I'm doing, I could get A* both? Although this is probably going to mean C4 retake this summer, there's no way I got that today...possibly not even combined with C3.
From what i've heard, you have to get an A at AS, and then get over 90% in your A2 modules.

Latest