Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you need 90% altogether (AS + A2) or 80% altogether but 90% in A2?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Average of 90 UMS out of all six modules i.e. AS and A2.

ReputationRep:
    No you need an average of 90% in C3 and C4 and an average of 80% over all 6 modules

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... it seems I have been mislead.

ReputationRep:
    Shawshank is misinformed

Its 80% overall for all modules, and 90% AGGREGATE from C3 and C4

ReputationRep:
    You sure :s im hearing different answers from teachers, friends etc
    I really hope its 80% overall but 90% A2
    Anyone here doing C3 next week (20th)....i need to get A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrangeStu)
    Shawshank is misinformed

Its 80% overall for all modules, and 90% AGGREGATE from C3 and C4
    This

ReputationRep:
    Thanks...if only i could rep you all at once

ReputationRep:
    got drunk alot

ReputationRep:
    It is a normal A (80% UMS) with the AVERAGE of C3 and C4 as 90%. This is from a few examiners websites.

ReputationRep:
    I heard 90% C3 and 4 average and 80% overall. For A* further maths I think it's 90% average in FP2 and a few other A2 modules, like M2, M3 and S2 or something, with 80% AS further. I think.

ReputationRep:
    For FM, its 90% average in your 3 modules you pick as the A-level ones. Which has to include one of FP2/3/4.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to whoever gave me negative rep for having been told the wrong thing. Cool story bro :woo:

ReputationRep:
    90% or above in A2 modules (including 80% in AS modules)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubgish)
    For FM, its 90% average in your 3 modules you pick as the A-level ones. Which has to include one of FP2/3/4.
    you don't actually choose which modules go where. they just find the best possible grade for normal maths, give you that grade with the lowest possible number of marks and bung the other six modules together for FM. out of those six, if the three highest average 90%+, you get an A*

ReputationRep:
    Starts with an S and ends in a Y...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Study... :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    you don't actually choose which modules go where. they just find the best possible grade for normal maths, give you that grade with the lowest possible number of marks and bung the other six modules together for FM. out of those six, if the three highest average 90%+, you get an A*
    Not quite, the three which are above 90% must be A2 modules, rather than AS i.e. FP4,FP2, M2 etc..., for you to get a A* in further maths.

ReputationRep:
    80% average across all six modules; this does not have to be 240 in AS, 240 in A2, it can be like 235 in AS, 245 in A2 or greater.

90% average across C3 and C4; this doesn't have to be 90 and 90, can be 91 and 89 or 99 and 81 or greater.

Resits are permitted; atleast I think so, somebody may want to confirm this final point.

ReputationRep:
    So if I can get 90% C3 C4 (maths) FP2 (maybe FP3 if they decide to teach it this term) M2 S2 M3 (FM)....I think that's all the A2 modules I'm doing, I could get A* both? Although this is probably going to mean C4 retake this summer, there's no way I got that today...possibly not even combined with C3.

ReputationRep:
    From what i've heard, you have to get an A at AS, and then get over 90% in your A2 modules.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.