The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Anyone got an offer for BCU SLT? (Bsc)

just curious as I haven’t saw anyone posting about speech and language therapy at BCU
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi @Idklolhelpme

Congratulations!!

We hope to see you in September:smile:

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Idklolhelpme
just curious as I haven’t saw anyone posting about speech and language therapy at BCU
I have! I got an offer back in December. I finished my access to HE course in science and completed it this January.

I’ve met the entry requirements for the access course but I just need to pass a maths equivalency exam. I’m planning to do the equivalency exam with BCU. So stressed though as I love science and English but always hated maths at school. :frown:
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have! I got an offer back in December. I finished my access to HE course in science and completed it this January.
I’ve met the entry requirements for the access course but I just need to pass a maths equivalency exam. I’m planning to do the equivalency exam with BCU. So stressed though as I love science and English but always hated maths at school. :frown:
Congrats on finishing your access course! I’m still doing mine haha I have 4 assignments left and then the maths to do too🥲 just know you’re not alone in this I have maths anxiety so bad I don’t think i’ll pass😅
Congrats on finishing your access course! I’m still doing mine haha I have 4 assignments left and then the maths to do too🥲 just know you’re not alone in this I have maths anxiety so bad I don’t think i’ll pass😅
Thank you! Good luck with finishing your access course!

Honestly, maths is a nightmare I wish it wasn’t essential to have! Good luck with the maths revision. You’ve gotten so far, you passed the interview stage, nearing the end of your access course and maths is the last hurdle.

Maths anxiety is so real, all we can do is try our best, revise, practice questions and see how it goes.

Will hopefully see you in September when we’re student Speech and Language Therapists! ❤️
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thank you! Good luck with finishing your access course!
Honestly, maths is a nightmare I wish it wasn’t essential to have! Good luck with the maths revision. You’ve gotten so far, you passed the interview stage, nearing the end of your access course and maths is the last hurdle.
Maths anxiety is so real, all we can do is try our best, revise, practice questions and see how it goes.
Will hopefully see you in September when we’re student Speech and Language Therapists! ❤️
Thank you so much 😅 and I know right, I wish maths requirement wasn’t needed to get into the course 🥲 but if we want it bad enough i’m sure we can face our fears! And yes hopefully see you there😁!
Thank you so much 😅 and I know right, I wish maths requirement wasn’t needed to get into the course 🥲 but if we want it bad enough i’m sure we can face our fears! And yes hopefully see you there😁!
Same here, it just puts so many people at a disadvantage.

You’re right, I follow a lot of SaLT accounts to help keep me motivated. I think if we can do the access course we can do this! 💪
Original post by Anonymous

Hey, I'm in the same boat but I have applied to start in 2025. Hoping it's not too difficult 👀
Original post by Katechapea
Hey, I'm in the same boat but I have applied to start in 2025. Hoping it's not too difficult 👀

Hey, do you mean you’re doing the equivalency exam or the access course? Either way, good luck with the application process!

Feel free to ask any questions about it ☺️
Hey, do you mean you’re doing the equivalency exam or the access course? Either way, good luck with the application process!
Feel free to ask any questions about it ☺️

Oh the equivalence maths test sorry!

Yeah just a run down of how it goes, if it's hard, anything that would help would be majorly appreciated. ☺️
Original post by Katechapea
Oh the equivalence maths test sorry!
Yeah just a run down of how it goes, if it's hard, anything that would help would be majorly appreciated. ☺️

Ohh no worries!

I’m not sure how it’ll be for next year’s cohort but so far it seems okay.

They said it’s not based on a specific exam board but the topics are how a foundation tier paper would be structured where it includes a few grade 5 higher tier questions at the end.

The pass mark is 50% averaged across the two papers and you’re allowed to use a calculator for both.

I suggest just revising the gcse mathematics syllabus until you start the course and just do some past papers/practice papers. ☺️
Ohh no worries!
They said it’s not based on a specific exam board but the topics are how a foundation tier paper would be structured where it includes a few grade 5 higher tier questions at the end.
The pass mark is 50% averaged across the two papers and you’re allowed to use a calculator for both.
I suggest just revising the gcse mathematics syllabus until you start the course and just do some past papers/practice papers. ☺️

Thank you ☺️
Ohh no worries!

Let me know how you find the exam 🙂 I have mine in May i’m nervous haha i’m so bad at maths .. but hopefully won’t be as hard as GCSE or FS !
Let me know how you find the exam 🙂 I have mine in May i’m nervous haha i’m so bad at maths .. but hopefully won’t be as hard as GCSE or FS !

No problem, I’ll message back on here once I get my results! It’s definitely more manageable than GCSE or FS. I found the questions on FS to be really confusing 😅

Let me know how you get on with your exam in May! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending