The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
LOOK EVERYONES BROKE - Apart from the new Ipod the just bought, the Phone Top up, or the Piss up they are having tomorrow night....
Reply 41
scorpion95
even if it had money it wouldn't give us money, i doubt we would get very little or little amount of aid even from rich countries, maybe the US will help the frogs won't, if the third world countries were rich they wouldn't give us money.

our government gave what £6 million or billion to the aid yet where did they get the money from? we're supposedly in a recession and also the government has to make cut backs in public spending yet again yet they can give all that money to them and not help improve this country

Yeah, because this country needs that money for improvement sooooo much more than Haiti :rolleyes:

Plus, an earthquake would have to be ******* severe to take out the whole UK emergency services to the extent that we required a large amount of external help.
Reply 42
The attitude of some of the people on this forum is disgusting. How can someone not feel empathy or sympathy for those who have lost their loved ones? I am definatley setting aside some money from my next pay check to give to a charity.
J DOT A
The attitude of some of the people on this forum is disgusting. How can someone not feel empathy or sympathy for those who have lost their loved ones? I am definatley setting aside about £100 from my next pay check to give to a good charity.

i do (or did) feel sympathy for them
Reply 44
tinktinktinkerbell
i do (or did) feel sympathy for them

Do you want a gold medal?
So what you feel something, are you gonna act on that feeling? That's the difference between people that Do and people that Don't.
J DOT A
The attitude of some of the people on this forum is disgusting. How can someone not feel empathy or sympathy for those who have lost their loved ones? I am definatley setting aside about £100 from my next pay check to give to a good charity.

Careful you don't fall off that high horse.

And to the OP, no I don't plan on donating any money.
J DOT A
Do you want a gold medal?
So what you feel something, are you gonna act on that feeling? That's the difference between people that Do and people that Don't.

no im not going to act on it, i have no money to act with
I can't believe how selfish some people are. If you can afford to buy yourself food, you have a higher standard of living than the people of Haiti.

I have donated to the Red Cross. I wish I could donate more frequently than just disaster relief, but unfortunately I won't be able to until I'm earning. xx
i have, every member of my family have contributed something. i cant believe some people are actually saying its not their problem. if it happened in this country wouldnt you expect people of other nations to help?
Reply 49
sandeep90

You're kidding me right? We as more "fortunate" human beings should help others when in need? I can't even belive some people are arguing about this.
kik0
I'm sending some of my clothes which don't fit me anymore

That's a good idea, how do you do that?
sandeep90

Are you seriously that unsympathetic and self absorbed? Can you not understand what it would be like to be as unfortunate as they are? If an earthquake hit here it would be awful but we would have the funds to deal with it. In a country like hiati who cannot afford to rebuild their nation and you're saying that one shouldnt be concerned or such. How immoral can you be m8..
whats in it for me :confused:
I gave some. Not a large amount but it's better than giving nothing i guess.
HumanNature1992
Are you seriously that unsympathetic and self absorbed? Can you not understand what it would be like to be as unfortunate as they are? If an earthquake hit here it would be awful but we would have the funds to deal with it. In a country like hiati who cannot afford to rebuild their nation and you're saying that one shouldnt be concerned or such. How immoral can you be m8..

Just because I don't plan on donating any money does not make me unsympathetic, self-absorbed, or immoral. Don't go accusing me of those things 'm8'.
Reply 55
It's frightening. In proportion to the media driven threats of wars, nukes, murders, cancer, coronaries and suicide we hear every day it is shocking how the earth itself can kill so many so quickly.
J DOT A
You're kidding me right? We as more "fortunate" human beings should help others when in need? I can't even belive some people are arguing about this.

No, I am not kidding you.
sandeep90
Just because I don't plan on donating any money does not make me unsympathetic, self-absorbed, or immoral. Don't go accusing me of those things 'm8'.

telling the guy you qutoed to "get off his high horse" for caring...it does...
saab_101
Yeah, because this country needs that money for improvement sooooo much more than Haiti :rolleyes:

Plus, an earthquake would have to be ******* severe to take out the whole UK emergency services to the extent that we required a large amount of external help.

the hospital's in this country are crap and in some not enough beds and/or overcrowding, no police on the streets unless there a protest, this country can hardly cope with snow as it is so a biggish earthquake would possibly do the same damage
HumanNature1992
telling the guy you qutoed to "get off his high horse" for caring...it does...

That person was also talking about 'disgusting attitudes' of people on TSR and making it out as though they were better than those people because they were donating £100.

Latest

Trending

Trending