The Student Room Group

Scholarships or loans to finance studies to attend University of Glasgow

I'm a recent earthquake victim from Turkey.

I'm searching for scholarships or loans to fund my education. Despite reaching out to over a hundred individuals, I haven't been successful in securing any financial assistance.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can finance my studies?

Sincerely,
Selim
Original post by Selim Temizyurek
I'm a recent earthquake victim from Turkey.

I'm searching for scholarships or loans to fund my education. Despite reaching out to over a hundred individuals, I haven't been successful in securing any financial assistance.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can finance my studies?

Sincerely,
Selim

Hi Selim,

What type of course is it you're studying? Do you know the level and how long have you been in the UK? Thanks, Jason
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Selim,

What type of course is it you're studying? Do you know the level and how long have you been in the UK? Thanks, Jason

Hello Jason,

My course is Law. Unfortunately I haven't been to UK due to financial issues
Hello Jason,

My course is Law. Unfortunately I haven't been to UK due to financial issues

Hi Selim,

We can only fund courses at UK-based universities, so it doesn't sound like you'll be entitled to funding from us, unfortunately.

If you have a particular university or college in mind you should contact them directly to see if they can offer help and advice.

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Selim,

We can only fund courses at UK-based universities, so it doesn't sound like you'll be entitled to funding from us, unfortunately.

If you have a particular university or college in mind you should contact them directly to see if they can offer help and advice.

Thanks, Graeme

Hey Graeme,

I am enrolled at the University of Glasgow as an incoming student. Doesn't that qualify as a UK-based university?
Hey Graeme,

I am enrolled at the University of Glasgow as an incoming student. Doesn't that qualify as a UK-based university?

Sorry, thanks for clarifying. Yes, it does.

However, to be eligible for funding from us you need to

1) Have a right to live in the UK, and

2) Have lived in the UK for at least 3 years prior to the start of the course.

So, though you aren't eligible you should still contact Glasgow University directly to see what they say.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending