The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The Megatron
That was great. The 50% one is good. I remember reading some guys quote about doctors (not word for word right but roughly)

"I'm afraid of going to a hospital. Did you know that 50% of doctors graduated in the bottom half of their class..."

It's an oldie but a good'un

"What do you call someone who graduates bottom of their medical school class? Doctor."
digitalis

"What do you call someone who graduates bottom of their medical school class? Doctor."

aha
yeh ive heard that one too lol
Interesting read.

Remember, all truth is relative!

18. At some point during your stay, a stranger’s bodily fluids will most likely come into contact with your exposed skin.

^^ I'm looking forward to this the most :p:
digitalis

I love that one.
The Megatron
That was great. The 50% one is good. I remember reading some guys quote about doctors (not word for word right but roughly)

"I'm afraid of going to a hospital. Did you know that 50% of doctors graduated in the bottom half of their class..."

:rofl:
Reply 25
haha these are fantastic!
Reply 26
number 59: - it's soo true!!
Reply 27
I'm waiting for no. 101 to prove true - somehow I'm still not put off the idea of medicine...
Reply 28
foxyamy
Is it weird that I still think medicine sounds awesome? :lolwut:

Not really, considering most of the people in this thread are either doctors, current med students or applicants, and I doubt anyone's been put off by that rather epic list.

The way i see it, you have to be weird to make it in medicine.
this is 101 reasons why i want to do medicine.
i thought it was gonna be a list full of bad stuff but this is exactally what i expect from med school. :smile:

to be honest though you could prob apply alot to any course at any uni, esp; people sleeping with each other/teachers, the high lighter girl, the guy who messes around and still gets good grades, rumors spreading fast, memorable parties, meeting friends/wife/husband. just general going to uni stuff, not med school stuff.
Reply 30
ballerinabetty
this is 101 reasons why i want to do medicine.
i thought it was gonna be a list full of bad stuff but this is exactally what i expect from med school. :smile:

to be honest though you could prob apply alot to any course at any uni, esp; people sleeping with each other/teachers, the high lighter girl, the guy who messes around and still gets good grades, rumors spreading fast, memorable parties, meeting friends/wife/husband. just general going to uni stuff, not med school stuff.

Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't you not been to uni yet?

Some of my favs most applicable to TSR :wink:

At the beginning of first year, everyone will talk about how cool it’s going to be to help patients. At the end of third year, everybody will talk about how cool it’s going to be to make a lot of money.

The best time of your entire medical school career is between the times when you first get your acceptance letter and when you start school.

During the summer before medical school starts, do not attempt to study or read anything remotely related to medicine. Take this time to travel and do things for you.
Reply 31
saab_101
The way i see it, you have to be weird to make it in medicine.

:gah:
3 and 44 are very valuable pieces of advice. It feels weird the first time you realise you have the bottom score on a test out of your friends, if you're used to being at the top.
Reply 33
Phalanges
It feels weird the first time you realise you have the bottom score on a test out of your friends, if you're used to being at the top.

This is why so many gay guys go to medical school. Don't mind if they are top or bottom. :p:
I'm loving the list. Somehow I'm liking medical school more and more. Kinda scared by no. 44. I mean do medicine students get along fine? I think there would be friction between people who are "gunning" for the 'top spot' :rolleyes:
Ataloss
This is why so many gay guys go to medical school. Don't mind if they are top or bottom. :p:

I thought it was due to all the free analestic they could get their hands on. :teehee:
Reply 36
Why do med students always seem to complain about the degree so damn much?
Reply 37
All you keen ass medical applicants, this is 100% TRUE!
I know as an applicant you see medicine through rose tinted glasses and everything is perfect, but its really not! Take this list seriously! Medicine is the biggest ball ache you will ever experience!

Other than that have fun!
Reply 38
Phalanges
I thought it was due to all the free analestic they could get their hands on. :teehee:

:rofl:

Quite honestly I think being a non-breeder should be part of the entrance criteria for medical school. :yep:
digitalis
Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't you not been to uni yet?
Some of my favs most applicable to TSR :wink:

i have been to uni before. i just dont talk about it much on trs. i was there for 3 years but didnt actally finish my degree (due to illness)so i never count it as part of my education:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending