The Student Room Group

Confused about University and medical school

I want to be a GP, but I am a bit confused about everything. I know you do A-levels at college, but then do you go to University or Medical school? Do you go to Medical school after getting qualifications and University? Or can you go straight to Medical school after college? Or is Medical school the same as university? Just a bit confused, thanks
Reply 1
Original post by School_Student99
I want to be a GP, but I am a bit confused about everything. I know you do A-levels at college, but then do you go to University or Medical school? Do you go to Medical school after getting qualifications and University? Or can you go straight to Medical school after college? Or is Medical school the same as university? Just a bit confused, thanks

Medical schools used to be separate but now are part of unis. People just still say med school. Medicine is an undergrad program in the UK. In the US and elsewhere it is a grad program so you need to go to uni first, then medschool which is separate.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by JP_1967
Medical schools used to be separate but now are part of unis. People just still say med school. Medicine is an undergrad program in the UK. In the US and elsewhere it is a grad program so you need to go to uni first, then medschool which is separate.

Cool, thank you!
Original post by School_Student99

You do a medical degree at a medical school which itself is part of a university.
Original post by artful_lounger
You do a medical degree at a medical school which itself is part of a university.

Thank you so much, you gave a clear, understandable answer: thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending