The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wangers
Whilst I don't agree with those courses, and if asked I will dissuade people from going on them, Caveat Emptor. TSR is a business, and as such it has the right to show advertising. We are not the moral police of the world. Given how many times it has been said, anyone still paying for those courses has no inititive and more money than sense anyway.

I concur
Reply 21
Single Malt
I dont think I did,

on a side note, nice computer (except thermaltake cases are teh ugliest)

just to correct you.
i didnt say all 'poshies'.

i said 'dumb poshies'.

i actually find it quite insulting that you paint all poshies wif the same brush as 'dumb poshies'. be nice, Malty.

please dont, my friends arent dumb.
Reply 22
Phalanges
I dunno if it would count as an advert though given that it just looks like an announcement.

Found it :teeth:

Spoiler

Reply 23
Wangers
Whilst I don't agree with those courses, and if asked I will dissuade people from going on them, Caveat Emptor. TSR is a business, and as such it has the right to show advertising. We are not the moral police of the world. Given how many times it has been said, anyone still paying for those courses has no inititive and more money than sense anyway.

Spot on. Just the way the cookie crumbles, sometimes.
Reply 24
RollerBall
He was moaning that upper middle classes try to "pay" their kid into med. Paying for courses, special lectures when none of it is really neccessary. It's only "poshies" that would do it because they're the only ones stupid enough to go for these courses. Any sort of research into them shows they're pretty much shunned by the applicant community.

The problem is that every single post Gizmo makes he relates back to this.
Yawn, we've all heard it before. Wish he'd change the record already :yawn:
Reply 25
Oh and I lol'd at the amount of typos on their webpage. Very professional!
Reply 26
lekky
The problem is that every single post Gizmo makes he relates back to this.
Yawn, we've all heard it before. Wish he'd change the record already :yawn:

not boring enough for you to read it and take time to reply to it.

the problem is, and always was, your misinterpretation. there is little i can do about that except to forewarn you for next time, macca.
Hygeia
Found it :teeth:

Spoiler

why is your tsr red?
Reply 28
Presidential
why is your tsr red?

That's not my TSR (I have purple), it's the colour to go with their measles backdrop for guests to the site.
Hygeia
That's not my TSR (I have purple), it's the colour to go with their measles backdrop for guests to the site.

ooh i see. i havent been a guest for a while lol
Gizmo!
not boring enough for you to read it and take time to reply to it.

the problem is, and always was, your misinterpretation. there is little i can do about that except to forewarn you for next time, macca.

Maybe your class based jibes are taken as mildly offensive by many across the internet, when in fact in person they may be hilarious, i'm unsure.
Reply 31
Single Malt
Maybe your class based jibes are taken as mildly offensive by many across the internet, when in fact in person they may be hilarious, i'm unsure.

its you who is assuming that all poshies are dumb poshies.

your assumption insults my friends, so please stop NOW, maca.
Gizmo!
its you who is assuming that all poshies are dumb poshies.

your assumption insults my friends, so please stop NOW, maca.

I suspect owing to my upbringing I know a great deal more 'poshies' than you.
I think I'll go check my trust fund balances :wink:
Reply 34
That's enough of that please guys.
digitalis
I think I'll go check my trust fund balances :wink:

I seriously do have an offshore trust fund, I hope no-one holds it against me...
Hygeia
That's enough of that please guys.

Break it up! Break it up!

:teeth:
digitalis
Break it up! Break it up!

:teeth:

If thats Hygeia then I am taking up internet stalking:eek3:
Reply 38
Single Malt
If thats Hygeia then I am taking up internet stalking:eek3:

If that's Hygeia I'm taking up real life stalking :colone: