The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gesar
Househusband skills are a must :yep: And I love baking. I made awesome banoffee cake earlier this holiday.

Oh good lord no. A) I'm not a writer and it's bound to be hideously full of typos, bad grammar, uninteresting prose and fallacious arguments and B) Hardly any of it;s original. I wasn't going to sit there and read the new testament looking for geographical errors myself :p:

I meant like on a blog or something because I'd be interested in reading it :p:
Reply 8941
Revd. Mike
I meant like on a blog or something because I'd be interested in reading it :p:

That's what I thought you meant! I'll upload it to my webspace if you want a copy? (in openoffice form, so technically I won't be violating any copyright agreements or anything as I'm not reproducing my sources' written work directly on the internet :p: Well, that's good enough for me anyway. The law probably disagrees)

(Though if I just gave you a list of the websites that were my main sources it will make better reading! But harder going as they often disagree with each other).
Revd. Mike

Eh, closer to my sort of guy than most of the guys people post in this thread, but he's just a bit too girly for me :p:

Ville Valo is pretty tasty, even if he is waaay too skinny lol.

I must say I have a "sweet spot" for Scandinavian men. Especially Kimi Räikkönen. :sogood:

:love:
Reply 8943
Oooooo I just stumbled across this thread....cant believe I have never seen it before considering there are six of them!

*starts to watch avidly*
Reply 8944
+epic
Oooooo I just stumbled across this thread....cant believe I have never seen it before considering there are six of them!

*starts to watch avidly*

You're west country! Your accent is the best.
Reply 8945
Gesar
You're west country! Your accent is the best.

:no:
Reply 8946
Laertes
:no:

agreeeeed.

however I actually dont have an accent, most poeple in cornwall dont actually, only a few, and theyre like proper farmer sounding :yep: which can be hilarious.

Its funny, when people hear im cornish they assume I farm, drive tractors, can surf and have a farmer voice.....i have to let them down gently
Reply 8947
+epic
agreeeeed.

however I actually dont have an accent, most poeple in cornwall dont actually, only a few, and theyre like proper farmer sounding :yep: which can be hilarious.

Its funny, when people hear im cornish they assume I farm, drive tractors, can surf and have a farmer voice.....i have to let them down gently

Well, it is disappointing to learn that you don't :p:
Reply 8948
yeah.....then I would get all the guys right pahahahaha
Reply 8949
+epic
yeah.....then I would get all the guys right pahahahaha

You'd be irresistable :p:
Reply 8950
The most brilliant answer ever I was made to construct in my online esperanto lessons:

Ne, mia patrino ne estas viro. Mia patrino estas virino.
No, my mother is not a man. My mother is a woman.
Reply 8951
Gesar
The most brilliant answer ever I was made to construct in my online esperanto lessons:

Ne, mia patrino ne estas viro. Mia patrino estas virino.
No, my mother is not a man. My mother is a woman.

Virino is woman? Really? That's like calling a woman a little man :lolwut:

I tried learning esperanto at school, but I got bored because it was too easy :erm:
Reply 8952
Ooooo! I spot a newbie! :biggrin:

*gets initiation office ready*
Reply 8953
paddy
Virino is woman? Really? That's like calling a woman a little man :lolwut:

I tried learning esperanto at school, but I got bored because it was too easy :erm:

Yes, it's really easy. Just today I've learnt up to my year-10 standard German from scratch (minus the vocab, obviously), and I spent the afternoon in London. But prepositions just appeared and I can't deal with them right now as my room's too hot :p: But I don't care that it's too easy - I need a CV skill!

And the sticking the 'in' before the 'o' in a noun makes it feminine, not small :p: But it may well have gotten its original meaning from that. It was created in the 19th century after all :yep:
Reply 8954
Gesar
Yes, it's really easy. Just today I've learnt up to my year-10 standard German from scratch (minus the vocab, obviously), and I spent the afternoon in London. But prepositions just appeared and I can't deal with them right now as my room's too hot :p: But I don't care that it's too easy - I need a CV skill!

And the sticking the 'in' before the 'o' in a noun makes it feminine, not small :p: But it may well have gotten its original meaning from that. It was created in the 19th century after all :yep:

Everyone knows that o = masculine and a = feminine :plz2:
Reply 8955
Crisps

:perv:
Crisps

I'm pretty sure nothing interesting happened when I went in there... you owe me! ;(
I spent the last hour (and a couple of minutes at around 11pm) simply crying. :frown: I got the best present in the world! Selfmade calendar with pictures from two friends (I like one of them..)
I won't open April though because there are three pictures with the girl and her girlfriend. :dry: Ugh...

Oh well, I said goodbye to almost all of my friends tonight. 10 - 12 people perhaps. Because of two it took me half an hour to say bye! They just wouldn't let me go. :p:

Now I'm sick. :rolleyes:

Need to finish packing. Stopped crying now, fortunately. I hate it. :s-smilie:

Edinburgh, here I come! ^^ In 8.5 hours!
Gesar
That's what I thought you meant! I'll upload it to my webspace if you want a copy? (in openoffice form, so technically I won't be violating any copyright agreements or anything as I'm not reproducing my sources' written work directly on the internet :p: Well, that's good enough for me anyway. The law probably disagrees)

(Though if I just gave you a list of the websites that were my main sources it will make better reading! But harder going as they often disagree with each other).

<3 OpenOffice. That'd be cool :biggrin:

KiraMayz
I must say I have a "sweet spot" for Scandinavian men. Especially Kimi Räikkönen. :sogood:

:love:

Oh yes, hot Scandinavian guys with long blond hair and oooooh :drool: Kimi's not too bad either heh.

+epic

*starts to watch avidly*

Welcome! :wavey:
Reply 8959
Revd. Mike
<3 OpenOffice. That'd be cool :biggrin:

'Tis available here http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jdrp2/

You should know that it's aimed at a couple of Christians I know, so I use 'you' a lot, referring to them. I'm also pretty vitriolic occasionally. And the whole thing originated as a rebuttal to the book 'The Case For Christ' by Lee Strobel (a book where he interviews evangelical bible scholars about how good the evidence for christianity is), so I reference this quite a lot. But knowledge of it shouldn't be necessary to understand the majority of the document. Whenever I mention a random surname, I'm talking about the book :p:

Latest