Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Househusband skills are a must :yep: And I love baking. I made awesome banoffee cake earlier this holiday.

Oh good lord no. A) I'm not a writer and it's bound to be hideously full of typos, bad grammar, uninteresting prose and fallacious arguments and B) Hardly any of it;s original. I wasn't going to sit there and read the new testament looking for geographical errors myself :p:
    I meant like on a blog or something because I'd be interested in reading it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I meant like on a blog or something because I'd be interested in reading it :p:
    That's what I thought you meant! I'll upload it to my webspace if you want a copy? (in openoffice form, so technically I won't be violating any copyright agreements or anything as I'm not reproducing my sources' written work directly on the internet :p: Well, that's good enough for me anyway. The law probably disagrees)

(Though if I just gave you a list of the websites that were my main sources it will make better reading! But harder going as they often disagree with each other).

ReputationRep:

Eh, closer to my sort of guy than most of the guys people post in this thread, but he's just a bit too girly for me :p:

Ville Valo is pretty tasty, even if he is waaay too skinny lol.
    I must say I have a "sweet spot" for Scandinavian men. Especially Kimi Räikkönen. :sogood:

:love:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Oooooo I just stumbled across this thread....cant believe I have never seen it before considering there are six of them!

*starts to watch avidly*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by +epic)
    Oooooo I just stumbled across this thread....cant believe I have never seen it before considering there are six of them!

*starts to watch avidly*
    You're west country! Your accent is the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    You're west country! Your accent is the best.
    :no:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Laertes)
    :no:
    agreeeeed.

however I actually dont have an accent, most poeple in cornwall dont actually, only a few, and theyre like proper farmer sounding :yep: which can be hilarious.

Its funny, when people hear im cornish they assume I farm, drive tractors, can surf and have a farmer voice.....i have to let them down gently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by +epic)
    agreeeeed.

however I actually dont have an accent, most poeple in cornwall dont actually, only a few, and theyre like proper farmer sounding :yep: which can be hilarious.

Its funny, when people hear im cornish they assume I farm, drive tractors, can surf and have a farmer voice.....i have to let them down gently
    Well, it is disappointing to learn that you don't :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    yeah.....then I would get all the guys right pahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by +epic)
    yeah.....then I would get all the guys right pahahahaha
    You'd be irresistable :p:

ReputationRep:
    The most brilliant answer ever I was made to construct in my online esperanto lessons:

Ne, mia patrino ne estas viro. Mia patrino estas virino.
    No, my mother is not a man. My mother is a woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    The most brilliant answer ever I was made to construct in my online esperanto lessons:

Ne, mia patrino ne estas viro. Mia patrino estas virino.
    No, my mother is not a man. My mother is a woman.
    Virino is woman? Really? That's like calling a woman a little man :lolwut:

I tried learning esperanto at school, but I got bored because it was too easy :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Ooooo! I spot a newbie!

*gets initiation office ready*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Virino is woman? Really? That's like calling a woman a little man :lolwut:

I tried learning esperanto at school, but I got bored because it was too easy :erm:
    Yes, it's really easy. Just today I've learnt up to my year-10 standard German from scratch (minus the vocab, obviously), and I spent the afternoon in London. But prepositions just appeared and I can't deal with them right now as my room's too hot :p: But I don't care that it's too easy - I need a CV skill!

And the sticking the 'in' before the 'o' in a noun makes it feminine, not small :p: But it may well have gotten its original meaning from that. It was created in the 19th century after all :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Yes, it's really easy. Just today I've learnt up to my year-10 standard German from scratch (minus the vocab, obviously), and I spent the afternoon in London. But prepositions just appeared and I can't deal with them right now as my room's too hot :p: But I don't care that it's too easy - I need a CV skill!

And the sticking the 'in' before the 'o' in a noun makes it feminine, not small :p: But it may well have gotten its original meaning from that. It was created in the 19th century after all :yep:
    Everyone knows that o = masculine and a = feminine :plz2:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Crisps)
    Ooooo! I spot a newbie!

:perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    Ooooo! I spot a newbie!

I'm pretty sure nothing interesting happened when I went in there... you owe me! ;(

ReputationRep:
    I spent the last hour (and a couple of minutes at around 11pm) simply crying. I got the best present in the world! Selfmade calendar with pictures from two friends (I like one of them..)
    I won't open April though because there are three pictures with the girl and her girlfriend. :dry: Ugh...

Oh well, I said goodbye to almost all of my friends tonight. 10 - 12 people perhaps. Because of two it took me half an hour to say bye! They just wouldn't let me go. :p:

Now I'm sick. :rolleyes:

Need to finish packing. Stopped crying now, fortunately. I hate it.

Edinburgh, here I come! ^^ In 8.5 hours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    That's what I thought you meant! I'll upload it to my webspace if you want a copy? (in openoffice form, so technically I won't be violating any copyright agreements or anything as I'm not reproducing my sources' written work directly on the internet :p: Well, that's good enough for me anyway. The law probably disagrees)

(Though if I just gave you a list of the websites that were my main sources it will make better reading! But harder going as they often disagree with each other).
    <3 OpenOffice. That'd be cool

(Original post by KiraMayz)
    I must say I have a "sweet spot" for Scandinavian men. Especially Kimi Räikkönen. :sogood:

:love:
    Oh yes, hot Scandinavian guys with long blond hair and oooooh :drool: Kimi's not too bad either heh.

(Original post by +epic)

*starts to watch avidly*
    Welcome! :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    <3 OpenOffice. That'd be cool
    'Tis available here http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jdrp2/

You should know that it's aimed at a couple of Christians I know, so I use 'you' a lot, referring to them. I'm also pretty vitriolic occasionally. And the whole thing originated as a rebuttal to the book 'The Case For Christ' by Lee Strobel (a book where he interviews evangelical bible scholars about how good the evidence for christianity is), so I reference this quite a lot. But knowledge of it shouldn't be necessary to understand the majority of the document. Whenever I mention a random surname, I'm talking about the book :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.