The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

sallyj
i got an offer for international banking and finance at cass a few months ago..however am really confused...nottingham business school has a really good reputation and i got a conditional offer from nottingham...
any advice which is better???

Yeah I was confused over them as well. Didnt have to make the decision in the end cuz Cass rejected me. Cass is marginally better in that it has a work placement yr I think and its easier to get a job cuz its in london. However I would've prolly firmed Notts anyway cuz they're similar in the rankings, and it def seems like a fun place. Being in London would mean lots to do, but the uni life doesnt seem that great to me(frm what ppl on this site say). I'd say both are pretty good, depends on what u prefer more.

btw do a lot of ppl apply to it or somethin? Its only slightly better than Notts for acc/fin but they need AAA :confused:
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 61
A lot of ppl get into nottingham...i live in Mumbai[India] and out here practically every1 has reveived an offer from nottingham..Thats the reason am apprehensive to go dere..But nottingham has a better reputation compared to ccity university..Hardly any1 has heard of city university...I need 32 ib grade poimts to get into nottingham and 35 for city university...Manchesters requirements r also really high..36..
I really like campus life so i will go ahead with nottingham..Thnx a lot for the advice
Reply 62
I received an offer from nottingham for Finance Accounting and Management..course seems pretty interestin..i am tryin my best to re-apply to warwik but there is a very probability that they will accept me as the number of ppl who have applied for finane and accounts at warwik is very large....
I am just praying i do well in my final ib exams..Thnx a lot for ur advice..i seem really keen on nottingham and i will definitely choose it as my firm ....
Has an1 heard of the finance accounting and management course in nottingham?
sallyj
I received an offer from nottingham for Finance Accounting and Management..course seems pretty interestin..i am tryin my best to re-apply to warwik but there is a very probability that they will accept me as the number of ppl who have applied for finane and accounts at warwik is very large....
I am just praying i do well in my final ib exams..Thnx a lot for ur advice..i seem really keen on nottingham and i will definitely choose it as my firm ....
Has an1 heard of the finance accounting and management course in nottingham?

Im goin there for the same course! Yeah Warwick is really hard...they rejected me and a couple of my friends too. Im gonna try do the same, will wait for A level results and hopefully there will be a vacancy. And hopefully I'll get it instead of u :p:
Reply 64
@ The_Timepasser - where do u live in india???and which universities have u applied for finance and accounts..i think we have applied to more or less the same unis...
i live in mumbai and applied to cass business school,nottingham,manchester,durham and warwick....
I live in UAE...Im frm Bombay as well. Yeah I applied to LSE,Wawrick,Notts,Manc and Cass....got rejected frm all except Notts. lol and everyone u know has an offer frm there!

Notts,Cass and Manc are equally good though...Cass just requires way more than it deserves.
Reply 66
@The_Timepasser -
I am doin the ib and all my friends have gotten into nottingham and cass..it seems to be like the standard places every1 is goin to..even warwick....I prefer nottingham.It has a good international reputation..However casss has better career prospects...i got into all except warwick...
if u dont me askin what are ur predicted scores????
i think i got 35 ib grade points
sallyj
@The_Timepasser -
I am doin the ib and all my friends have gotten into nottingham and cass..it seems to be like the standard places every1 is goin to..even warwick....I prefer nottingham.It has a good international reputation..However casss has better career prospects...i got into all except warwick...
if u dont me askin what are ur predicted scores????
i think i got 35 ib grade points

wow warwick is the standard place...ppl must be pretty smart in ur school! Yeah no one's really heard of City uni outside UK...feels stupid when u get the high grades to go there and ppl go like which city? I'd say go to Notts or try for Warwick...and do Masters in LSE. Thts my plan :smile:
my grades were crap...predicted around BBC in a levels i think...did u do any o levels?
Reply 68
Anyone there who applied for Business Management but didn't hear anything back so far? I'm sick of waiting for them to do their decission since all of my friends already got their offers..
Reply 69
Am looking to apply next year for BSc Banking and International Finance at Cass Business School.

Basically, I do not have great GCSE grades but I do have "C" grade in English language, "CC" Double Award science and "B" grade in Maths. I then studied BTEC First diploma in Engineering and achieved a Distiction* - 99/108

Am currently Studying BTEC National Diploma in Business (Management) am predicted D/D/D and alongside my National diploma I am also studying for IFS exams and I am also going to be offered an Internship VIA the college possibly at Citigroup/Morgan Stanley/Barclays Capital.

Do you think i have any chance of being offered a Conditional Offer??
Reply 70
Student_24
Anyone there who applied for Business Management but didn't hear anything back so far? I'm sick of waiting for them to do their decission since all of my friends already got their offers..

I applied for Banking and International Finance and Accounting & Finance but haven´t got any news yet as well. What grades did you have?
Reply 71
I haven't finished my final exams yet.. I'm thinking about writing them when I can expect to hear from them. I'm just waiting for them to respond, because i already got my other cond offers.. What about you? Is cass also the last Uni you are waiting for?
Reply 72
Student_24
I haven't finished my final exams yet.. I'm thinking about writing them when I can expect to hear from them. I'm just waiting for them to respond, because i already got my other cond offers.. What about you? Is cass also the last Uni you are waiting for?

Yupp :frown: my last chance. I wanted to write them as well, but don´t think it´s gonna help. I am from Sweden btw :smile:
Reply 73
neo383
Yupp :frown: my last chance. I wanted to write them as well, but don´t think it´s gonna help. I am from Sweden btw :smile:

I decided to write them.. Let's see what happens.. :smile:
Reply 74
Student_24
I decided to write them.. Let's see what happens.. :smile:

Please inform me later what their answer is :smile:
Reply 75
neo383
Please inform me later what their answer is :smile:

they didn't write back yet..
but i'll let you know as soon as I get an answer :smile:
Reply 76
they are pretty lazy :smile:
neo383

I have to agree! They took forever to reply when I wrote to them...sometimes they didnt reply :rolleyes: So are u ppl still waiting for replies? Cuz it seems a lot of ppl are.
The_Timepasser
I live in UAE...Im frm Bombay as well. Yeah I applied to LSE,Wawrick,Notts,Manc and Cass....got rejected frm all except Notts. lol and everyone u know has an offer frm there!

Notts,Cass and Manc are equally good though...Cass just requires way more than it deserves.

Bitter Much?
Reply 79
neo383

they didn't answer my mail, but i just got a conditional offer :smile:
what about you? still waiting? :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending