Turn on thread page Beta

Swiss antagonist of minarets embraces Islam watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well he has swapped extreme political views for an extreme religon...so what?

Reminds me of this chap
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul-Aziz_ibn_Myatt

ReputationRep:
    Mashaallah even the staunchest opponents of Prophet Mohammed converted.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing more the evidence of the sheer fallibility of the human mind, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Masha allah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Other religions' people are called followers. Islam's are called soldiers. I think that tells everyone all they need to know.
    It shows, it shows, unlike other religions, Islam breeds produces real men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    As opposed to those fake ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dior-perfume)
    I try not to be concerned too much over the likes of you; one day you'll be converted yourself. :rofl:
    What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

ReputationRep:
    You mean the ones who are afraid of women? The ones who force women to become second class citizens?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: *****es (the Swiss public) got served :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Who cares??

I'm Swiss and follow the news every day. I've never heard anything about this guy and I can assure you, it's NOT an issue in Switzerland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srxjer)
    You mean the ones who are afraid of women? The ones who force women to become second class?

no actually, just your mum

ReputationRep:
    he is a swizz politician that was anti-islam, now he is pro-Islam, so it is worthy to be on the news, if you are not interested then bugger off

this thread is just a message to all those who hate Islam and want to attack it
    7 minutes ago I was anti-pineapple.
    I like pineapple now... In fact, I want more pineapple.
    Can I be on the news?

ReputationRep:
    What precisely do you mean when you refer to this concept of real men? Please, do tell me.

ReputationRep:
    A soldier? That a bit militaristic.

And you wonder why so many people are so supicious of so many muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banburyhammer)
    And you wonder why so many people are so supicious of so many muslims.
    but have you wondered why so many people embrace Islam?

you might say "so what!? no big deal", but if say, many people embrace athiesim, behold...you say something like "see, they realised that there is no God and religions are BS"

ReputationRep:
    Defend your religion, by all means - I and no doubt many others here would like to understand this man's bizarre conviction, and indeed the now typical pomposity of systematically announcing to all and sundry that some unimportant person has "converted" to it. Saying that seemed unfortunate. I'm sitting here, you see, thinking this religion (whoops, nearly called it a political movement pure and simple :shh:) seems like a wonderful future for the world. :o:

If my right nut decided to convert I guess it would be worthy of another thread to announce the impending Islamification of the rest of my scrotal region, no?

Now, I'd like to demonstrate more respect for the faith you clearly hold dear. If indeed such respect was forthcoming to those who do not share your views without seeing a hissy fit on your part and many of your kind.

TSR has become ridiculous for this nonsense over the past year or so and it's about time someone said something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Defend your religion, by all means - I and no doubt many others here would like to understand this man's bizarre conviction, and indeed the now typical pomposity of systematically announcing to all and sundry that some unimportant person has "converted" to it. Saying that seemed unfortunate. I'm sitting here, you see, thinking this religion (whoops, nearly called it a political movement pure and simple :shh:) seems like a wonderful future for the world. :o:

If my right nut decided to convert I guess it would be worthy of another thread to announce the impending Islamification of the rest of my scrotal region, no?

Now, I'd like to demonstrate more respect for the faith you clearly hold dear. If indeed such respect was forthcoming to those who do not share your views without seeing a hissy fit on your part and many of your kind.

TSR has become ridiculous for this nonsense over the past year or so and it's about time someone said something.
    ...you what?

ReputationRep:

you might say "so what!? no big deal", but if say, many people embrace athiesim, behold...you say something like "see, they realised that there is no God and religions are BS"
    Firstly, "so many people" once believed the earth was flat.

Secondly, have you got any unbiased figures which suggest that more people than before are converting to Islam? (note: converted, not growth through birth rates... unfortunately the indoctrination of children cannot be considered 'embracing Islam').

Thirdly, anecdotal evidence of individuals here and there =/= "so many people embracing Islam".

ReputationRep:

Thats not the issue, and i never tarred all muslims with the same brush. Just the use of the word 'soldier' irks me. Why not something less miliatristic? Like follower. Surely you can understand that point.

ReputationRep:
    He must be insane. I like how he wants to build the biggest mosque in Swizerland, I wonder now he's a muslim, if he's going to ask the people what THEY want???...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.