The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

This is the most irritating thread ever. **** you. I read that and now I feel irritated, bored... just urgh. **** you, OP.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
afaik food stealing is basically the norm at Warwick. The only people I know who have complained of food stealing are at Warwick, and it hasn't just been a one-off thing, either...
Totally Tom
kwatevar.

:P
Being a troll is fun ^^
Reply 23
Bhumbauze
This is the most irritating thread ever. **** you. I read that and now I feel irritated, bored... just urgh. **** you, OP.

You deserve repping for your sig. Sorry the thread hasn't done it for you.
Reply 24
Choccielatte
Food/Booze is stolen all the time in halls, unfortunately. Part of Uni life.
It was wrong to steal it, but by making such a big deal; things will just get worse.
I'd ask for money to replace the food or go and offer money to replace it. Then move on

lol!

asking for the money back IS making a big deal out of it.

and its beside the point. this is theft! and if no one does anything against it, then ppl will just continue doing it.

i say, go find out george's kitchen and take everything you can and litter as much as possible. serves him right and hed probably learn from it if you leave a note hinting you got back at him.
Reply 25
Do you normally talk in the third person?
Reply 26
I don't know what's with the hatin' - I enjoyed the story. Good old George, what a fine fellow. I suggest you make posters celebrating his fine antics (preferably with a photo of him in action) and put them all over your halls, so people know what a sterling chap he is.

My friend was at Warwick last year and there were big problems with people stealing food there.
Reply 27
Totally Tom
I'm neither. I'm a woman with an ear on the inside.

Simon is not a woman's name. But then, neither is Tom...
Reply 28
Bobifier
Simon is not a woman's name. But then, neither is Tom...

But is Quentin?
OP's DP is :rofl:
Totally Tom
Can you tell me where the mistakes are? So I may better myself.

I'll do it!

Totally Tom
Recently some of our undercover agents infiltrated JM1 and found some shocking intel on the state of mind certain students posess at this here establishment.

What was found out is truly shocking, as such it is recommended that the feint of heart cease reading from this point on.

To tell this woeful tale I shall adopt names for certain characters (this is to protect their identities). The main culprit shall henceforth be known as "George" and our under cover agent as "Simon".

Once upon a time some people got an education and decided to go to University. They decided to go to the University of Warwick, a prestigious institution on the outskirts of Coventry. During the application process to get into Uni they had to put down which accomodation they would like to live in during their first year at said University. A small group of people decided they had liquid assets in abundance, these people applied for Jack Martin as their first choice. However, not everyone could get what they wanted as there just wasn't enough room to accomodate everyone. So our small fellowship was reduced further and the final 300 were chosen. Of these 300 George and Simon belonged. They didn't live together, but this was no impediment to a blossoming bond of friendship sure to last a lifetime.

One day George noticed a friend of his (who we shall call "Chris" ) going to another block in the accomodation. Curious George decided to follow Chris which led him out of his block and into another block. In this new block he saw that Chris was meeting other friends and they were all planning on having a nice night out at the Union. George thought all this looked splendid fun and invited himself to go with them. Eventually everyone ended up in the kitchen. George helped himself to some beer, which he accidentally spilt on the floor. Cleaning this up is the work of servants he thought to himself. So he left it there. Sure enough a few minutes later one of the 'servants' (people who lived in that flat) got down and cleaned it up themself. George thought this mighty convenient and finished the rest of his beer. Later when a few people left the room, George noticed that someone had left some vodka in a bottle on the table. Not one to waste drink or food, George enquired as to whom this bottle of Vodka belonged. Upon being told that the vodka didn't belong to him, George quickly poured it out in equal measure into two glasses and topped it up with someone else's lemonade. He drank these within the next 20 minutes and was then left with a dilemma. What if, upon the return of the owner of the vodka, they don't have such a liberal and childlike attitude to ownership of possesions? What if they are not exactly happy that poor George has finished off all the vodka they were saving? George, the economist he is, decided to fill the bottle up with water in place of the vodka he had took. What a clever little fiend.

A short while after his brilliant brainwave he came to appreciate that he was rather hungry. "Hungry, in a kitchen? How can this be?" George thought to himself. So he quickly scuttled about searching for something to satisfy his poor empty stomach. George stumbled upon quite the curious item, a large storage space which cools whatever is inside of it. George looked inside and saw an abundance of food, all shapes and sizes. He thought "This simply cannot do, how can these people waste all this food?". So George took something and ate it.

Later, George found out that his theiving-bastard antics hadn't gone down too well with the people who occupy the hall normally. It hadn't gone down too well at all. No, people didn't like George. Scratch that. People hated George.

So. My question to you: the good people of the Warwick forum. Was George right to steal all that food and alcohol? Or was George wrong?

:smartass:
George is Silent Chaos, yes?
xXx_pUnK_pOp_pRiNcEsS_xXx
I'll do it!

:smartass:

"Did you mean: possess Top 2 results shown"
Take the hat off.
Reply 33
Revolution is my Name
George is Silent Chaos, yes?

Perhaps.
Totally Tom
Perhaps.

He comes across as the food-pinching sort.
buyingtheticket
"Did you mean: possess Top 2 results shown"
Take the hat off.

Erm I highlighted the errors, I didn't correct them... so you put your hat back on. :dunce:
Reply 36
Erm I highlighted the errors, I didn't correct them... so you put your hat back on. :dunce:

Why should it be inquire?
Yeah that one suits you. As for me... :hat:
Dislike you flatmates, eh?
Reply 39
Totally Tom
Recently some of our undercover agents infiltrated JM1 and found some shocking intel on the state of mind certain students possess at this here establishment.

What was found out is truly shocking, as such it is recommended that the feint of heart cease reading from this point on.

To tell this woeful tale I shall adopt names for certain characters (this is to protect their identities). The main culprit shall henceforth be known as "George" and our under cover agent as "Simon".

Once upon a time some people got an education and decided to go to University. They decided to go to the University of Warwick, a prestigious institution on the outskirts of Coventry. During the application process to get into Uni they had to put down which accommodation they would like to live in during their first year at said University. A small group of people decided they had liquid assets in abundance, these people applied for Jack Martin as their first choice. However, not everyone could get what they wanted as there just wasn't enough room to accommodate everyone. So our small fellowship was reduced further and the final 300 were chosen. Of these 300 George and Simon belonged. They didn't live together, but this was no impediment to a blossoming bond of friendship sure to last a lifetime.

One day George noticed a friend of his (who we shall call "Chris" ) going to another block in the accommodation. Curious George decided to follow Chris which led him out of his block and into another block. In this new block he saw that Chris was meeting other friends and they were all planning on having a nice night out at the Union. George thought all this looked splendid fun and invited himself to go with them. Eventually everyone ended up in the kitchen. George helped himself to some beer, which he accidentally spilt on the floor. Cleaning this up is the work of servants he thought to himself. So he left it there. Sure enough a few minutes later one of the 'servants' (people who lived in that flat) got down and cleaned it up theirself. George thought this mighty convenient and finished the rest of his beer. Later when a few people left the room, George noticed that someone had left some vodka in a bottle on the table. Not one to waste drink or food, George enquired as to whom this bottle of Vodka belonged. Upon being told that the vodka didn't belong to him, George quickly poured it out in equal measure into two glasses and topped it up with someone else's lemonade. He drank these within the next 20 minutes and was then left with a dilemma. What if, upon the return of the owner of the vodka, they don't have such a liberal and childlike attitude to ownership of possessions? What if they are not exactly happy that poor George has finished off all the vodka they were saving? George, the economist he is, decided to fill the bottle up with water in place of the vodka he had took. What a clever little fiend.

A short while after his brilliant brainwave he came to appreciate that he was rather hungry. "Hungry, in a kitchen? How can this be?" George thought to himself. So he quickly scuttled about searching for something to satisfy his poor empty stomach. George stumbled upon quite the curious item, a large storage space which cools whatever is inside of it. George looked inside and saw an abundance of food, all shapes and sizes. He thought "This simply cannot do, how can these people waste all this food?". So George took something and ate it.

Later, George found out that his thieving-bastard antics hadn't gone down too well with the people who occupy the hall normally. It hadn't gone down too well at all. No, people didn't like George. Scratch that. People hated George.

So. My question to you: the good people of the Warwick forum. Was George right to steal all that food and alcohol? Or was George wrong?

what the fook is JM1?? why the hell have you concocted a story like this when you could just say "sum dude ate food and drank drink that wasnt his and now ppl hate him...what do u think of that guy?" much simpler...and btw he sounds like a d!ck

Latest