The Student Room Group

reapplying to uni after being kicked out

hi i am a first year student and i was just wondering that if a student gets kicked out of their uni can they still reapply to another different uni and do you need to specify your university experience in your ucas application if you can reapply
Reply 1
Original post by Rinokamaru
hi i am a first year student and i was just wondering that if a student gets kicked out of their uni can they still reapply to another different uni and do you need to specify your university experience in your ucas application if you can reapply

Yes you have to have a complete application.

Yes you can apply to another university (via UCAS), and yes you would need to provide details of your existing time at university.

As this UCAS page says, "If you studied at a uni or college but didn't finish the course, you still need to enter these details. Include the start and finish date, and state that you didn't receive any qualifications there."

There would also need to contact student finance to establish what the implications are for your loan (if you took one out).
Reply 3
You MUST include your current/last Uni in your application.
And please dont think you can ignore this and 'get away with it' - Unis have very subtle ways of checking this.

Any Uni you apply to will want a reference from your current Uni with confirmation of why you are leaving and a grade transcript. And this means that if you are being literally 'kicked out' for something like weak grades or poor behaviour then restarting elsewhere is usually a non-starter.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
And please dont think you can ignore this and 'get away with it' - Unis have very subtle ways of checking this.

Any Uni you apply to will want a reference from your current Uni with confirmation of why you are leaving and a grade transcript. And this means that if you are being literally 'kicked out' for something like weak grades or poor behaviour then restarting elsewhere is usually a non-starter.

what do you mean when you said "then restarting elsewhere is usually a non-starter."
It means going to another university isnt going to happen ie the university wont accept you.
Reply 6
Original post by swanseajack1
It means going to another university isnt going to happen ie the university wont accept you.

what if you were to apply to a different course at a different uni does that change things at all or not
what if you were to apply to a different course at a different uni does that change things at all or not

It is likely to depend on why you left your previous university. You havent provided enough information.
Reply 8
Original post by McGinger

So you are saying that if someone has to leave a university because of weak grades, they usually won't be able to start again at another university?
Original post by Cote1
So you are saying that if someone has to leave a university because of weak grades, they usually won't be able to start again at another university?

Their grades would have to be much worse than weak to get removed from the course. Again, the OP hasn’t given us enough info beyond “kicked out”.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending