Turn on thread page Beta

What is the biggest/best campus based University? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    Do you mean what type of people like it?

Of the people I know who have applied, they are quite varied - most of them are going for businessy type subjects. IA lot of them are the people who aren't allowed to apply to unis far away though. It is a good uni for that sort of thing, I just found it kind of soulless - but then, I'm a sucker for old buildings. If you aren't bothered by architecture and want to be somewhere that's busy and has a lot going on, then Aston is a good choice.
    Lool thank you for the replies

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham campus blew my mind and so does the city.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham.

It has the biggest campus in Europe, and has one quite a few awards for the best campus in the UK:

It's like one big country park. In fact it is designated as a park.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham! Although yeah, I will appear biased lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Yea, It's awful IMO. It's in Uxbridge, which is boring and is just not very nice at all.

<3
    I wonder if Uxbridge have many confused academics turn up.

Lame joke :o:

ReputationRep:
    Of the modern campuses, Warwick by a mile. Of the traditional ones, Birmingham - it's far nicer than Nottingham in my opinion, although Notts is pretty nice.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously Birmingham...

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    I dont get why everyones saying Birmingham.
    Its pretty ugly IMO and Selly Oak isnt that great either.

ReputationRep:
    I loved the Warwick campus when I went, didnt see any ugly concrete, only nice modern buildings and lots of green space. Just the idea of going to uni in the middle of nowhere didn't appeal to me.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Nottingham. PM if you have any questions.

ReputationRep:
    I used to live round the corner from highfields (Nottingham's campus). It's nice, especially the millenium gardens in the summer :yep: It's all very student orientated- they have banks, shops, restaurants, bars, union student stuff etc. on campus. I'm not sure how it compares to other campuses but yeah it's all very 'inclusive' if that's what you're looking for.

ReputationRep:
    Sussex uni pic
    I think it looks good and has all the basic essentials on campus but has a big city just 5 miles away to get everything else.
    Not the biggest but maybe the best.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.