The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
d123
Do you mean what type of people like it?

Of the people I know who have applied, they are quite varied - most of them are going for businessy type subjects. IA lot of them are the people who aren't allowed to apply to unis far away though. It is a good uni for that sort of thing, I just found it kind of soulless - but then, I'm a sucker for old buildings. If you aren't bothered by architecture and want to be somewhere that's busy and has a lot going on, then Aston is a good choice.

Lool thank you for the replies :smile:
Reply 41
Nottingham campus blew my mind and so does the city.
Nottingham.

It has the biggest campus in Europe, and has one quite a few awards for the best campus in the UK:

It's like one big country park. In fact it is designated as a park.
Nottingham! Although yeah, I will appear biased lol
Reply 44
paddy__power
Yea, It's awful IMO. It's in Uxbridge, which is boring and is just not very nice at all.

<3

I wonder if Uxbridge have many confused academics turn up.

Lame joke :o:
Reply 45
Of the modern campuses, Warwick by a mile. Of the traditional ones, Birmingham - it's far nicer than Nottingham in my opinion, although Notts is pretty nice.
Reply 46
Obviously Birmingham...
Reply 47
Nottingham.
Reply 48
I dont get why everyones saying Birmingham.
Its pretty ugly IMO and Selly Oak isnt that great either.
I loved the Warwick campus when I went, didnt see any ugly concrete, only nice modern buildings and lots of green space. Just the idea of going to uni in the middle of nowhere didn't appeal to me.
Definitely Nottingham. PM if you have any questions.
Reply 51
I used to live round the corner from highfields (Nottingham's campus). It's nice, especially the millenium gardens in the summer :yep: It's all very student orientated- they have banks, shops, restaurants, bars, union student stuff etc. on campus. I'm not sure how it compares to other campuses but yeah it's all very 'inclusive' if that's what you're looking for.
Sussex uni pic:smile:
I think it looks good and has all the basic essentials on campus but has a big city just 5 miles away to get everything else.
Not the biggest but maybe the best.

Latest

Trending

Trending