The Student Room Group

In a predicament

OK, In the last year of school I was seeing this girl and it carried on for around 7-8 months, the only problem was she had a boyfriend. I know this is a terrible thing to have done but we just couldn't keep away from each other and I was basically falling for this girl, we totally 'clicked' but eventually she ended it because she couldn't do it to her boyfriend any more.

After a horrible few months of missing her like hell, I kinda stopped thinking of her so much and began to move on but she was always in back of my mind. Now recently I've been in contact with her again and saw her on a night out and all the feelings came back. After that night we've txt eachother a few times and she phoned me the other night just to talk.

I love this girl to bits, but should I try to get her back? or should I just leave it and try to move on?

any thoughts?
Reply 1
Honestly, it just sounds like you're infatuated with her. You'll feel the same way for plenty of other girls later on, believe me.

We've all fell for girls, and it's heart-wrenching to break up with someone you care about but in your case it was clearly for the best, especially if she was still with her boyfriend for all that time.

The best thing you can do is to completely cut her from your life and just get on with things. Tell her it's too difficult and that she had her chance and didn't take it, then get on with your life. You should be trying to enjoy the future instead of being hung-up about the past.
Reply 2
mikejpb
Honestly, it just sounds like you're infatuated with her. You'll feel the same way for plenty of other girls later on, believe me.

We've all fell for girls, and it's heart-wrenching to break up with someone you care about but in your case it was clearly for the best, especially if she was still with her boyfriend for all that time.

The best thing you can do is to completely cut her from your life and just get on with things. Tell her it's too difficult and that she had her chance and didn't take it, then get on with your life. You should be trying to enjoy the future instead of being hung-up about the past.

Thanks mate, probs what I needed to hear.
shes sooo fit though haha!
Reply 3
If you think you're better than her boyfriend then go for it.
go for it, if you dont win then you're back in the same place. if you do then..ACE. :smile:
Reply 5
kwm91
Thanks mate, probs what I needed to hear.
shes sooo fit though haha!

I used to think that about a load of girls, then I left school and realised that there is far better out there. You could go after her, but put yourself in her boyfriends shoes; if things go stale (which they will eventually) what's to stop her from finding another guy or running back to her boyfriend? She's turned you down because she feels guilty before so it could always happen again regardless of what happens now.

Keeping it going is far too much stress. Cut all ties and then live your life.

Latest

Trending

Trending